SYD Sydney Special Meetup - 28 August 12-2pm @Katoomba

Other than a large bundle of cash, I was not planning on bringing anything...I envisaged this as some kind of mad-as-lather buy as much as you can from Con's massive range kind of deal with brief 'gudday's' grunted in-between buying as much as was humanly possible from either Con or from other members with rarities to sell :p

If my Stirling stuff comes in before the weekend I will bring it along, and I will bring the Chatillon Lux Balms along too.

While we do have EFTPOS facilities, the purpose of Sunday's meet-up isn't to sell products. It's a meet and greet sort of affair. We are more than happy to bring along pre-purchased goods.

I know that Peter Charkalis will be bringing samples and other goodies, as will The Stray Whisker.

I think the logistics of bringing stock into such a venue are quite challenging as well...having said that, I'd love to know what products would be of interest :whistle:

We will definitely bring:
1. Saponifico Varesino
2. Local Gent Shaving Co.
3. Barrister & Mann
4. PAA & Crown King
5. Master's Aftershaves
6. Above the Tie
7. Shavemac
8. Myrsol
....anything else I should add to this?

Other than a large bundle of cash, I was not planning on bringing anything...I envisaged this as some kind of mad-as-lather buy as much as you can from Con's massive range kind of deal with brief 'gudday's' grunted in-between buying as much as was humanly possible from either Con or from other members with rarities to sell :p

If my Stirling stuff comes in before the weekend I will bring it along, and I will bring the Chatillon Lux Balms along too.

Haha! Well, we are certainly lucky to have Con come along but in the past (& even with Con along) it's lots of fun to meet, chat and share in general. It's one thing to see a photo on P&C or FB but it's another story to actually see, feel and smell a soap or aftershave in person. Brushes are another item worth bringing as seeing and holding a brush will let you know straight away if it's worth pursuing or avoiding in future.

I'll also bring along the Leresche razor that I intend to pass-around. But feel free to bring a brush or two, a favourite or unusual razor and your latest soap/aftershave.

Having Charky as guest will also be a treat as he'll be able to share about his experiences in the States and what his picks are (knowing he'll have tried far more than we will have being closer to a lot of Yankee products).

It's just going to be an all-round enjoyable experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you there. [emoji106]

While we do have EFTPOS facilities, the purpose of Sunday's meet-up isn't to sell products. It's a meet and greet sort of affair. We are more than happy to bring along pre-purchased goods.

I know that Peter Charkalis will be bringing samples and other goodies, as will The Stray Whisker.

I think the logistics of bringing stock into such a venue are quite challenging as well...having said that, I'd love to know what products would be of interest :whistle:
Typical - 100% turnout of NT members at our meetups and we get nothing. You have to bribe those southerners to get them along!
Grumbles about life not being fair etc etc.

Typical - 100% turnout of NT members at our meetups and we get nothing. You have to bribe those southerners to get them along!
Grumbles about life not being fair etc etc.

Not just to come, but to leave the Big Smoke for a few hours of fresh air...

I've about 20 SH and 20 B&M soaps that will make an appearance to smell and compare, Inclusive the two you're curious about @filobiblic :)
I'll also be bringing along some items for the sole purpose of trading, soaps, blades and brushes, so rationalise your stocks guys and come prepared
@shavetheman Con, you prefer I pay in advance or on the day for items already reserved?
Also, is there a menu for those seeking more than a light snack?
Is there facilities for us to eat in comfort as well?
Desire to know if I need to plan a meal on the road before hand or, if there is possible.

I've about 20 SH and 20 B&M soaps that will make an appearance to smell and compare, Inclusive the two you're curious about @filobiblic :)
I'll also be bringing along some items for the sole purpose of trading, soaps, blades and brushes, so rationalise your stocks guys and come prepared
@shavetheman Con, you prefer I pay in advance or on the day for items already reserved?
Also, is there a menu for those seeking more than a light snack?
Is there facilities for us to eat in comfort as well?
Desire to know if I need to plan a meal on the road before hand or, if there is possible.

Hahah @borked - mate you sound like you have a voracious appetite for not only quality soaps, but food as well!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It's a FREE event due to the generosity of @shavetheman and being held in a nice community centre. I imagine the food will be like finger food at a party. It's meant to be the side event and not the main event. [emoji6] We'll be bound to head to a watering-hole post-meet so if you can last until then, I think you'll be fine. Feel free to eat beforehand as well. [emoji14]

I think it best to pay beforehand via the TSW website for anything you want Con to bring. It's not good to deal with money on the day (unless it's for a personal sale with another mate) as the main focus is on the hanging out and sharing.

If this was a meet overseas there would be plenty of different soap makers and vendors that attend. In Australia we are lucky that we have at least one to join us (in Sydney & another in Melbourne as well as others scattered around). Con is coming along more as another bloke to share and chat, rather than Mr TSW. (He IS more like a Shaving Willy Wonka with a store full of goodies [emoji23], but he can't bring it all along and that's not the reason for us meeting.) So we're lucky to have Con (aka SWW) but he's just going to be one-of-the-lads on Sunday. [emoji41]

Sorry for the late notice but logistics this weekend will prevent me from attending.

Have a great time all of you :)

UPDATE!!
Attendees at Sundays meet-up will receive a unique Discount Code (one user, one use) for high end products across a "particular" range, as well as TSW prototype samples for upcoming releases.

PlJ7o7H.jpg

Ok. Would it be an issue if I drop in unannounced? I am not sure how it's going to go with the misses

Someone has just generously provided a $50 voucher (to spend at TSW) as a 'Lucky Door prize' for the Sydney meet up the Mountains. (y) Make sure you are there as you have to be in it to win it!
Not sure if @MrT @Nonick @Question @Mark @Brendan @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel are coming...

UPDATE!!
Attendees at Sundays meet-up will receive a unique Discount Code (one user, one use) for high end products across a "particular" range, as well as TSW prototype samples for upcoming releases.

So if you can drive, crawl, walk, fly, train, boat or canoe, or whatever to get yourself to Katoomba you will:
  • automatically get a unique discount code (everybody is a winner),
  • get samples,
  • get to take a selfie with Con (@shavetheman) - OK, that might not have helped,
  • meet Peter from the US, and
  • go into the draw for a $50 voucher.

Seriously - anybody within 150km of Katoomba who can get themselves there but does not get themselves there should consider their commitment to wet-shaving :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late notice but logistics this weekend will prevent me from attending.

Have a great time all of you :)

Pity you cant make it, was looking forward to meeting you @todras.

Is their any soaps anyone wants me to bring?

Hmm. I think I would be there. Maybe not for the entire duration but for some of it at the very least

Last edited:
Spoke to Con today.
All I feel comfortable sharing is without breaking his trust is, if you don't turn up, you're a bloody fool!
Seriously, just get your arse here one way or another!

PS tell us the address Son!

Last edited:
Headsup,no trains running on Blue Mountains line this weekend.
Replacement buses from Blacktown to Lithgow.
Please call 131500 for bus schedule,there are express buses from Penrith to Katoomba,with change over at Springwood.
Traffic on Sunday arvo coming down the mountain can be challenging, so a bus is a good bet,with parking at Penrith Station,northern side.