Joucas says howdy to y'all...

Joucas

2017 Sabbatical Fail
Hi from Florida, USA where its hazy, hot and humid is as the norm in September.

I was bitten by the DE shaving bug this summer and it has turned a daily "gotta do" chore into something I forward to daily. I'm looking forward to reading insights from more experienced wet shavers and sharing knowledge of techniques and products from the world over. Best regards, J.

G'day and welcome!

So why our little shave forum? Tiny place compared to others. The best of them I grant you, but still cottage...

Well, I was just surfing shaving stuff on the 'net, happened upon your fine forum, enjoyed reading several posts, and decided apply for membership. Personally, I wouldn't join any group that would have me as a member. But I guess y'all are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

P&C just seemed like a nice little place to hang out, like the neighborhood bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was just surfing shaving stuff on the 'net, happened upon your fine forum, enjoyed reading several posts, and decided apply for membership. Personally, I wouldn't join any group that would have me as a member. But I guess y'all are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

P&C just seemed like a nice little place to hang out, like the neighborhood bar.

Well said mate, well said!

So maybe talk us through your gear - what do you have, what have you had, what you want and so the story goes...

Well said mate, well said!

So maybe talk us through your gear - what do you have, what have you had, what you want and so the story goes...

Been wet shaving my whole life but using Gillette cartridges and canned creams. Just tripped on an article in June talking about the expense of cartridges and the DE alternative.

Did a bit of research and bought a Merkur 38, WSP Monarch high mountain badger brush, and Razorock Lime cream from Amazon.

Fast forward 3 months.

Just got my 5th brush. So, in addition to the original WSP, I now have second one with a larger knot (the Earl), a lovely Bob Quinn Onyx, a Shavemac, an Orchid Isle Amboyna burl, and a humongous Thater.

I didn't think the the Merkur adequately aggressive, so I bought a second razor, a Rockwell 6S. I was attracted by the adjustability and it is now my daily driver.

I've also acquired at a dozen soaps/creams. Just yesterday, I received a tin of Stirling Black Ice. Very intense licorice scent with a generous helping of menthol.

Been using Proraso Blue aftershave balm exclusively. Love it. No other aftershaves or colognes (yet).

Finger's getting tired and you're probably bored with this anyway. So, that's all for now. Oh wait, I just installed another medicine cabinet to store all this stuff. :)

Well G'Day and welcome from the Antipodes - you seem to have things well sussed out - all you need to do now is graduate to the 'proper' way of shaving .... hehehehe
Don't forget we love pulling the piss out of Seppos and any other nationality we can.
Glad to have you on board

Welcome @Joucas - I'm sure you will have a great time here!

You have some fantastic gear there already (y)

A bloody good gudday to you @Joucas mate, welcome to the forum guy :)

Hi mate and welcome Down Under - although Florida is 'down under' most of the US of A, I mean you are south of the Deep South!

I actually think I have my first visit to your neck of the woods coming up in Feb next year, conference in Orlando.

You certainly sound like you have a great selection of gear. Ignore the straight shavers with their lures to a more 'manly' mode of shaving - DE is fine :)

Hey there @Joucas - welcome to the Far South!

I also started with the 38C many moons ago... You certainly went nuts in your acquisitions -a lot of quality gear you have. Well done!

What shave gear are you eying off at the moment?

Welcome @Joucas nice to see you on the forum. When you are ready to step up to a real shave :) get a GEM Feather weight or a G-bar, then a Schick or PAL injector and before you know it you will wanting to join the straight shavers of the world. :) You do justify this obsession by "saving money" - right? That's my excuse anyway.

Damn, you guys talk funny :). Excellent vocabulary though. Had to look up Antipodes. Well done. Never heard the term seppo either. Very politically incorrect - I like it. As for straight razors, there is no chance. I'd sooner jump out of an airplane. I'm just too klutzy and there is not enough styptic on the planet. Enough for now. Don't y'all have to go shear some sheep or something?

Hey there @Joucas - welcome to the Far South!

I also started with the 38C many moons ago... You certainly went nuts in your acquisitions -a lot of quality gear you have. Well done!

What shave gear are you eying off at the moment?

I did go a bit nuts. But, I gave up fast cars, fast women and drugs. And now I get Social Security (retirement) checks every month. Oh yeah, and Obamacare.

I think I'm done with any substantial gear acquisitions for the moment. Wouldn't mind trying a high end Simpson brush if one fell into lap. And I've been reading quite a bit about OneBlade razors. Lots of ver positive reviews - but soooo expensive.

Hi mate and welcome Down Under - although Florida is 'down under' most of the US of A, I mean you are south of the Deep South!

I actually think I have my first visit to your neck of the woods coming up in Feb next year, conference in Orlando.

You certainly sound like you have a great selection of gear. Ignore the straight shavers with their lures to a more 'manly' mode of shaving - DE is fine :)

Perfect time of year for Orlando - except for the tourists.

Speak English, please. What's a "bindee"?

. (Australia, slang) A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.