Rank your Myrsols

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
everyone loves Myrsol but some you love more. Rank your personal preference here and why.

1. Antesol - great all rounder. Bright scent that fades quickly.
2. F. Extra - old school euro barber with plenty of menthol
3. Blue - liquid talc powdery scent
4. Aqua Balsamica - only one I didn't get on with. No menthol and very strong rosemary but many others love it.

Antesol, F extra and blue fall into a similar category to my nose. Classic shaving scent. Aqua Balsamica smelt a little medicinal/herby to me.

One bottle lasts me about 3 months which is awesome value.

How do you rank yours? And which will you try next?

This is my personal list, as I only have three.
1) Agua balsamica - easily my favourite, if I have to only choose one AS for the rest of my life, this will be the one
2) Plastic shave - amazing face feel, pleasant talcum-rose scent
3) Antesol

Love them all, and I have the Emulsion coming my way.
I really like the Myrsols as they can be so versatile to be paired with a wide range of soaps. Great price too!

I also only have three...
1. F Extra - reminds me of Floid, "Spanish Barbershop" - love the menthol.
2. Agua Balsamica - smell is a little off-putting at first but its great on the skin (even if it does smell like roast chicken)
3. Formula K - have only tried once or twice - very minty, think it will be good in summer with a menthol soap

I really love the old-school glass bottles and amazing colours - waiting on the Mysol Blue and Plastic Shave to come back in stock at TSW

Only have 3.

Blue. Great AS, not a fussy scent, doesn't last long anyway, like most AS. Good amount of menthol and alc.
Balsamica. Nice scent, different, masses of rosemary, but too light on menthol and alc for me to buy again.
Emulsion. Probably one of the best AS balms I've used. Light, moisturising, a good bit of menthol. Simple and top drawer. It was the first thing I tried and I topped up with the plastic bottle when I bought the other AS.

I also only have three...
1. F Extra - reminds me of Floid, "Spanish Barbershop" - love the menthol.
2. Agua Balsamica - smell is a little off-putting at first but its great on the skin (even if it does smell like roast chicken)
3. Formula K - have only tried once or twice - very minty, think it will be good in summer with a menthol soap

I really love the old-school glass bottles and amazing colours - waiting on the Mysol Blue and Plastic Shave to come back in stock at TSW

Plastic is now in stock at The Stray Whisker as of today I believe. ;)

Emulsion - use a pre-shave and love it. Exactly as @Drubbing describes
F/Extra - strongest and longest lasting scent of them for me. I get a spicy barbershop (opposite end to the talcy barbershop)
Plastic - totally different face feel to other aftershaves I've used. Scent is very fresh and goes with a large range of soaps.
Aqua Balsamica - Speick with a bit more umph. Rosemary and Thyme really stand out.
Blue - I don't know how I would classify the scent. I use this when I'm shaving of an afternoon and don't want something that will stay around for ages, but have a great amount of menthol and alcohol.
Antesol - the addition of allantoin I find helps with irritation and use this when I've gone too close for too long.

Tough question but, well, here goes:

Monday - F/Extra is No 1
Tuesday - Metisol is No 1
Wednesday - Antesol is No 1
Thursday - Formula C is No 1
Friday - Don Miguel 1919 is No 1
Saturday - Formula K is No 1
Sunday - Agua Balsamica is No 1

Does that help?

Just get them all .... ;)

Tough question but, well, here goes:

Monday - F/Extra is No 1
Tuesday - Metisol is No 1
Wednesday - Antesol is No 1
Thursday - Formula C is No 1
Friday - Don Miguel 1919 is No 1
Saturday - Formula K is No 1
Sunday - Agua Balsamica is No 1

Does that help?

Just get them all .... ;)
I'm curious about metilsol. What does it smell like?

Emulsion was his first one apparently followed by plastic.

I have emulsion and formula C in the post. Anyone use emulsion as a preshave? Anyone use formula C much? (Except for Mark on a Thursday)

Man - that's like ranking your kids!

Myrsol%20Range_zpsjvsnwwmf.jpg

1. Emulsion. It is simply the best pre-shave and post-shave balm I have found. So soothing and moisturising, and some menthol kick to boot. Perfection.
2. Plastic Shave. Not a big fan of the scent, but it does something to my face that no other aftershave has ever done. Skin is tightened and smoothed.
3. Aqua Balsamica. I just love the natural herbal scent. I use this when I've had a rough shave, and it has great restorative properties.
4. Antisol. I use this instead of a alum block. It gives great feedback and is designed to be massaged into the skin pre and post shave. It is a killer double act with Emulsion.
5. F/Extra. Good old fashioned barber shop scent. Refreshing, and helps with irritation.
6. Metilsol. Smells like listerine, but your face will love you for it. Really helps with trouble spots.
7. Aqua De Limon. IN your face Lemon. Specifically designed to restore the natural pH of your face and pores, which can become alkaline due to soaps and creams.
8. Myrsol Blue. Probably the nicest smelling of the lot. A classy barber shop scent. Last as I don't "feel" it working like the others. It is still great.

So, as @Mark1966 said, they are all good. The Myrsols that I use in my shaving routine are Emulsion, Antisol, and sometimes Metilsol. I use the other types as refreshing splashes at various times during the day, so I guess more as skin tonics than aftershaves. But if I could only have one, without question it would be Emulsion.

1. Antesol - If I had to choose only one.
2. Metilsol - Go to after a bad shave.

3. Aqua Balsamica - Only use this if I shave before bed.
3. Plastic Shave - Very unique face feel.

4. Aqua De Limon - Would prefer a real lemon scent.
5. F/Extra - Not bad but would rather use Antesol.
6. Blue - Not bad but would rather use Antesol.

7. Formula K - Scent not for me.
8. Formula C - Scent not for me.

I rate them all pretty highly. They all do good things for my face and as I often shave at night I enjoy the fact that the scent doesn't last too long.
My order would be:
  1. Plastic Shave - great face feel.
  2. Aqua Balsamica - works well with many of my favourite soaps (MdC, LPL, Stirling Ozark Mountain)
  3. Formula C
  4. Formal K - bracing peppermint
  5. Aqua di Limon - I quite like the scent, sweet lemon. It works well with B&M Cheshire.
  6. Antesol - a bit meh for me.
I also seem to be the only one on the planet who didn't get on with their Emulsion. I may have to revisit it.