Hello from Sydney...

Welcome, @Snooze.

I reckon that once you try a straight, you will discover that they may even be more forgiving than your standard DE. I jumped directly from cartridge to straight, and haven't cut my head off yet... and I suffer from coffee jitters!
Thanks @Arnold J Rimmer - you may well be right- I would like to give it a try sometime.
I also saw your posts about coffee beans for sale - would love to get some of your next batch - I usually buy mine from Cafe Bianchi in Leichhardt for espresso!
Cheers

Thanks gents for the very generous welcome - looking forward to learning a lot from you guys (y)

Welcome Snooze. One got to love these vintage Gillette razors. They were definitely built to last for generations. (y)
Thanks for the welcome @Bles
Totally agree about the build quality of especially the older vintage Gillettes - they are built like tanks and are still amazing shavers nearly 80 years on - don't think anyone will say that about their cartridge lol

G'day @Snooze and welcome. Great to have someone who appreciates the beauty and engineering of vintage safety razors. They are certainly works of art. (I appreciate straight razors for the very same reasons mind you!)

So what's next on your "must try" list?
European artisan products?
European vintage razors?
More soaps? Vintage?
Plenty more areas of the rabbit hole to "explore"!!! [emoji38]

G'day @Snooze and welcome. Great to have someone who appreciates the beauty and engineering of vintage safety razors. They are certainly works of art. (I appreciate straight razors for the very same reasons mind you!)

So what's next on your "must try" list?
European artisan products?
European vintage razors?
More soaps? Vintage?
Plenty more areas of the rabbit hole to "explore"!!! [emoji38]
Thanks @filobiblic for the warm welcome!
Im trying to cut back on soap purchases ATM - I need to design a nice rack to store them neatly.
Ive just received a Mongoose II stainless so am looking forward to trying it out...one step away from a shavette lol