AusPost - As Useful As Mammaries On A Bull !

With respect to your brother but I cannot accept the first paragraph. How difficult should sorting/dispatch/delivery be, with AusPost's decades of experience?

IF delays are occurring at Sorting Centres because "too many non-Australian workers still do not understand the delivery system on site", remedial training and regular supervision should be implemented to ensure understanding and correct procedures are adhered to.
IF delays are occurring because "too many non-Australian workers do not understand the delivery system ....... on the road" (inferring drivers), almost everyone has either a GPS or smart-phone with maps loaded. Indeed, I would be surprised if AusPost delivery vehicles were not fitted with GPS.

The "put up with it or shut up about it" attitude will result ONLY in the continuation of dismal customer service.

"The customer is ALWAYS correct."
Harold Gordon Selfridge, founder of Selfridges, named the world's best department store in 2010 and 2012.
Agree 100% If they have a problem with their team of 36k people from 137 different Nationalities, then they either need to change their hiring process, or improve training. OBD modules are available for most cars, and fitted to a great number of work fleets in Australia now to not only track log book distances, but also to have greater view of the field force movements.

At the end of the day, money is being paid for a service. It is not the liability of the consumer to be understanding of complications the provider is experiencing. It is the responsibility of the service provider to get their shit together.

Agree 100% If they have a problem with their team of 36k people from 137 different Nationalities, then they either need to change their hiring process, or improve training.
Or start paying enough to attract people who either
  • can actually do the job or
  • put a bit more effort into doing the job correctly as they feel valued
As the old saying goes, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Submitted the following to AusPost but will they respond?
Delivery of my small package was extremely tardy once it reached Australia. Please see below:
15-20 Nov: Madrid, Spain - Perth, Australia, distance approx 15,700Kms, duration in transit 5 days.
06 Dec: Delivered Kardinya 6163 (18Kms from Perth 6000).

Question: Once a package is "in-country", does AusPost consider SIXTEEN DAYS for delivery as "reasonable"? As my package arrived in Perth well before Christmas, please do not quote "Christmas rush" as the cause for the delay.
END QUOTE

** EDIT **
Well, they replied - after a fashion:
Your enquiry is in progress.
Dear James
Thank you for contacting Australia Post. Your case reference number for this enquiry is 08583658.
While we progress your enquiry, feel free to find out more at our Help & Supportpage which answers a wide range of questions. For urgent enquiries please contact us on 1800 817 538.
END QUOTE

Last edited:
Biggest problem that I see, is a lack of pride in their work, which stems from contractors, subcontractors and staff that feel to entitled and protected by overt political correctness, rather than ability.

Three days after submitting my complaint (see entry Tuesday, 6:31PM), apart from a computer-generated acknowledgement of receipt; NOTHING from AusFarce! Why am I not surprised (n) ?

Ah well, I made my point so that's an end to it!

Three days after submitting my complaint (see entry Tuesday, 6:31PM), apart from a computer-generated acknowledgement of receipt; NOTHING from AusFarce! Why am I not surprised (n) ?

Ah well, I made my point so that's an end to it!

Your response is in the mail ... :ROFLMAO:

I was reading this article today and had to laugh, the only time I ever get notified about missed deliveries from Australia post is when an SMS arrives telling me that because I did not collect the parcel from my local post office they never advised me they could not deliver, it has now been returned to the sender.

I was reading this article today and had to laugh, the only time I ever get notified about missed deliveries from Australia post is when an SMS arrives telling me that because I did not collect the parcel from my local post office they never advised me they could not deliver, it has now been returned to the sender.

I just completed reading the above SMH article, then checked my e-mail to find this:

Re: Unsuccessful item delivery attempt
We tried to deliver your order with the following details to your premise but were unable to.
Shipment Details
Order No : 489532654
Product : Software Kit
You purchased our new revolutionary software that will make you rich by this evening. Please confirm your shipping details and get ideas to be a millionaire overnight here.
Please Update Your Details Here
Unsubscribe me from this mailing list
END QUOTE

Where are the recipient and Tracking details ?
Premise ? Most probably intended "Premises" but the numpty doesn't know the difference !
"rich by this evening" :whistle: . ONLY if I had $1 for every time I'd read THAT, I'd be rich by this evening !

A famous showman once said "There's one born every minute." and then proceeded to demonstrate the veracity of his statement with a sign which read "This way to the Egress" and viewing public flocked to the Egress.
Actually, they were 2 different men but my story sounds better :p .

Funny that you got it when you complained to the post. I wouldn't be surprised if their security is compromised

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, AusFarce finally did reply. For what it's worth, here it is:
Update for General Enquiry - ......... (details removed)
Hi ....... ,

Thank you for contacting us about the international parcel being posted from Spain to Western Australia. I can certainly understand why you would be concerned with the delivery time-frame, especially if it is taking longer than expected to be delivered. We are committed to ensuring all our customers receive the service they expect so thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you further. My name is ...... and I am more than happy to assist with your enquiry today.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I would have liked to discuss this directly with you, however without an authentic phone number (my italics) I was unable to contact you.

As you have not provided the tracking number of the parcel, we are unable to advise you which product the sender has chosen to use and provide you with the expected delivery time-frame.

I am very sorry to hear that there was a delay with receiving your package. When parcels arrive into the country, they are processed in Customs. When Customs have processed all mail items, they will then hand them over to Australia Post for delivery. As Customs is a separate entity to Australia Post, we are unable to intervene while your mail is being processed and cleared for delivery and there are sometimes unexpected delays, which is out of Australia Post’s control.

For future items being delivered to you from overseas, I would recommend you request the sender use a service with comprehensive tracking. There is a premium service called EMS, (Express Mail Service). This will ensure your important parcels and letters arrive quickly and are trackable all the way, with the security of a signature on delivery, for that added security and peace of mind. Please ask the sender to contact their postal service for more information about this service.

......, next time you need to contact us, I would suggest lodging your enquiries through our Support Portal at https://auspost.com.au/portal/#/login. This will ensure that all relevant information is captured allowing for us to appropriately manage your enquiry without any wasted time on requesting missing information.

I trust this information has helped and has been of assistance. I apologise again for the delay in responding back to you and for any inconvenience this has caused. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
END QUOTE

"without an authentic phone number (my italics) I was unable to contact you". Will I voluntarily provide data which is "un-necessary" but simply "nice to have"? To quote the late John Elliott - "Pig's a**e!". You have an e-mail address (albeit the one I use for ***t) for me ; use THAT!

MUST be getting old guys as I now watch repeats of "One Foot In The Grave" starring my hero character Victor Meldrew! How sad is that :( ?

27ae090c-bdd4-355a-a0fd-57b3447ddba3

You think you have problems.....

Not only Auspost -

Processed Through Facility - ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) - December 12, 2016 3:26 am

Departed USPS Facility - LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 - December 9, 2016 10:07 am

Arrived at USPS Facility - LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 - December 8, 2016 5:49 pm

Arrived at Facility - ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) - December 8, 2016 6:23 am

Acceptance - LAS VEGAS, NV 89102 - December 5, 2016 11:11 am

I fear that ISC LOS ANGELES CA is the USPS version of Chullora :eek:

You will always get the odd package that falls off the conveyor belt. It's the consistency of suck that makes chullora special
USPS have some notorious sorting facilities as well from what I hear

Sheesh. When will somebody invent teleporters already.