Resin Cast Shaving Brush Handles Made in Oz

Actually @Tony Forsyth it doesn't [emoji28]. We were looking for a sort of colour palette, so for example which shades of blue do you have available etc, whether we would have any issues mixing any two colours. I think I understand that no two handles will come out exactly the same. But am I going to be able to choose a few colours and a mix ratio? What control would I have over things like patterns etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually @Tony Forsyth it doesn't [emoji28]. We were looking for a sort of colour palette, so for example which shades of blue do you have available etc, whether we would have any issues mixing any two colours. I think I understand that no two handles will come out exactly the same. But am I going to be able to choose a few colours and a mix ratio? What control would I have over things like patterns etc.
I think it would be easier to supply the colours, mix ratio and pattern that you are chasing to see if it is possible. I would think that the master caster (and Tony) would be able to give you an indication if they can get to that shade, or at least let you know how close is possible. As far as patterns go, it's not the easiest process :) (see from the 7 min mark in the video)

@Rami and @borked The video that mark posted shows the method of a simple three colour pour. The colour palete with resin casting is pretty endless hence why I will not provide a colour palete.
There are so many different options and pigments come in many types and forms, just to name a few.
1. Transparent PSTF pigments
2. Solid colour PSTF pigments
3. Pearl-Ex powder pigments
4. Mica Powder pigments
5. Polyurethane pigments
And there are several others as well. These all have their own extensive colour ranges and can all give a very different look to the finished product. Some of these pigments can also be mixed so again the colours and finished results can be changed. Some give a solid colour some transparent and some can give a metalic type finish and when these are mixed they can take on a totally different look and finish.
Because of this the colour palete would be endless as are the finished results. Once Polyester or Polyurethane resins are colour mixed and MEKP/catalyst are added the resin has a gell time this can be from 10 to 12mins for say Polyester or down to seconds in some cases for Polyurethane. Gell time and when you pour the resins into the molds can significantly change the colours end result as well as colours can mix with each other on their own in the mold if poured too early, and good colour seperation can be achieved by colour saturation and a longer gell time, however you do run the risk of the resin gelling before you finish the pour.
Does that help ;)
Cheers
Tony

Actually it does. It essentially means that I can ask whatever and you can get it to me [emoji6]

Actually it does. It essentially means that I can ask whatever and you can get it to me [emoji6]

I guess it does ;) but it is not always that easy and we will always try our best to give you exactly what you want, however due to complexities in some cases their are no guarantees it will always be spot on :sneaky:
Cheers
Tony

The new TF Custom Shaving Brush handle blanks are now ready and waiting to be turned into handles of all shapes and sizes. There will be more new colours available in approximately a week or two. But I am sure there will be a view in this lot to get excited. Checkout Rainbow Falls what a ripper !!!
Cheers
Tony.

The First ever "Rainbow Falls" shaving brush blank, but I am sure more will surely follow ;)
7JINhOm.jpg

Lava Demons
5zQFeSV.jpg

Dark Ninja
kbNMFPl.jpg

Dark Blood
QCcZAf3.jpg

Phantom Nebula
IRqe2BH.jpg

New and Improved Ice Fusion
rsATHPF.jpg

"One Only" Deep Ocean Blue Arctic Ice
qbdzYFb.jpg

REALLY looking forward to seeing how they turn! Ninja, Nebula and Falls look spectacular. Making me really excited for the next lot of blanks!

Last edited: