SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday April 22nd - 1.30pm - 4.30pm

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
When: Saturday 22nd April, 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in Courtyard! Google Maps Reference
What to bring: Whatever you like, new soaps, creams, hardware or even nothing at all :)
Public Transport: It is a 20-25 min bus ride on the bus from Central Station Stand B - Bus Numbers : 441, 442 and 433

After the fun had by all at the last Sydney meetup we have decided to again secure a date for the next Sydney gathering. Think informal, relaxed with plenty of smelling soaps, opinions on soaps, hardware and kit.

I will in all likelihood be bringing some of the Winter APR testers to this meetup, along with a few new things I have picked up in the last two months or so, but could not bring previously.

With the last two Sydney meetups being quite 'busy' we are in many ways looking forward to a quieter, less directed gathering this time. We have also provided a longer potential duration - that of course can be varied on the day.

We are aware of the discussion surrounding the venue, but as mentioned we in effect had a prior commitment to our current venue and besides several people saying they like the location and setting itself, myself and Tony included. With that being said, if people want to step in for future months and arrange, book and confirm a new venue that they prefer please let us know and we will not make plans in this regard.

Please be assured that our (Myself and Tony's) energies in organising and booking these meetups are solely directed and focused on ensuring that a regular Sydney meetup actually occurs, given the enjoyment everyone has on the day.

As always, everyone is more than welcome be they NSW locals or from interstate or territory :)

I should be there, with Polsilvers :)

a any chance we can have it the weekend before. I have to fly out that Friday:(

No can do I am afraid, a number of us have family and of course religious commitments for the Easter weekend :)

Just a reminder that I need to bring:

L+L Darkfall.
Geosmin and other Petrichor compounds.
APR Winter scent sample give-aways.

Think it might be time to put together a fougere sampler :)

A week to go now, looking forward to catching up with everyone and bringing my recent soap and splash acquisitions along including Darkfall, soaps by Luna (new Spanish Artisan) and the Geosmin so people can smell the pure absolute that gives rise to Petrichor.

I will have giveaway testers of the following Australian Private Reserve Fragrances, with the possibility of some soap testers too...

brfxxf4.png

Top Notes: Réunion Bourbon Rose
Heart Notes: Lavender, Geranium
Base Notes: Hay Absolute, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Tonka, Amber

A beautiful, dirty, deep winter Fougère accented by the smoky Réunion island Bourbon Rose.

1xzDTKW.png

Top Notes: Black Currant Absolute, Red Currant
Heart Notes: Cinnamon, Sweet Orange
Base Notes: Benzoin, Musk, Peru Balsam, West Indian Bay

It's a Bay-rum with a twist, think different: a balsamic and Vanillic base of musk, caramel and spicy Bay,
a middle of sweet Cinamon and orange topped off with the sweet, treacle notes of sweet deep caramel and black and red currant.

pMSLQyK.png

Top notes: Sicilian Bergamot, Cypress
Heart Notes:Labdanum, Rosewood
Base notes: Brunei Agarwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk

A very old chypre formulation with a contemporary fragrance design using genuine agarwood as an inspiration for something
quite special. On application an accord of Sicilian Bergamot and cypress presents, gently receding to warm intoxicating Labdanum and sweet
Rosewood, shortly thereafter something very special emerges and endures for hours...

Man I so want to attend, it is looking unlikely at the moment.

Aww crap :(
If you're unable to, you will be missed @SydBJW

Has anyone checked the street view for the map reference. The OH&S disaster, cleaning windows standing on a beer keg made me giggle. Small things....

Samples and recent acquisitions all packed up for tomorrow, looking forward to catching up with everyone :)