$1.29 eBay shavette

thisISjoel

r2hY1r4.jpg

I bought this knock off dovo-style shavette off eBay last year some time for $1.29, because it was $1.29, right? Anyway, until today I had had the good sense NOT to attempt to shave with it beyond just cleaning up my (receding :() hair line after a buzz cut. Today, whilst looking through a drawer for a soap sample, I saw it and thought "what the hell" grabbed it and took it to my face.

It was already loaded with half a shark blade, despite the fact that the blade holder insert is made for the dovo blades (I tried to fit a feather pro, but it didn't work). Only gave myself one or two teeny little cuts, and no visible irritation, but suffice to say this is an experiment I won't be repeating. It was tuggy at times and pretty scary the whole time.

So, what's the dumbest/deadliest/shittiest razor you've ever shaved with?

Deadliest would be the Wester. Always makes me pay in blood.

But I still love her.

First blade I bought was a cheap eBay straight, made ffom legendary (in a bad way) Pakistani steel. I didn't even know there was such a thing! Never shaved with it, because it is a pig to set an edge onto.

Not keen to try a shavette, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my $10 ebay shavette kit with Derby blades. I was my first shave and I was so excited I rushed it. I used hand soap and proceed to scrape. It felt like I was attacked by a cat.