1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4

gthomas04

...was Drubbing's first. AKA Captain Tightarse
Will once again display my newbie status at this game. People talk of getting 3 passes with their brushes. What exactly are they talking about. Do you load a brush cover your face shave and then do it again 3 times? I remain confused but thats to be expected cause I only have a very little brain (or so it seems sometimes).

Glen (why isnt there a dictionary of wet shaving terms like 1812 when talking about razors etc).

Basically, how much lather your brush can hold/generate to enable x number of passes. With a large brush and a decent knurl of cream, I can get enough lather for 3+ passes. When using some soaps and brushes, I'll have to load up the brush again and generate more lather after a single pass.

Basically, how much lather your brush can hold/generate to enable x number of passes. With a large brush and a decent knurl of cream, I can get enough lather for 3+ passes. When using some soaps and brushes, I'll have to load up the brush again and generate more lather after a single pass.

Sorry a bit slow tonight - I gather it refers to the amount of lather you can generate but does 2 passes mean wiping the brush across your face twice, or wiping once shaving and then adding more lather to the face for a second go with the razor?

Sorry a bit slow tonight - I gather it refers to the amount of lather you can generate but does 2 passes mean wiping the brush across your face twice, or wiping once shaving and then adding more lather to the face for a second go with the razor?

2 passes = lather face, shave then lather face and shave again.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

It just refers to the number of passes of your shave, not how many times you wipe the brush on your face. Even if you spend 10 minutes distributing lather on your face with a million brush strokes, you remove it with only 1 pass of your razor. If you generated enough lather to repeat the process without having to dip back into your cream/soap - that's a 2 pass.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

It just refers to the number of passes of your shave, not how many times you wipe the brush on your face. Even if you spend 10 minutes distributing lather on your face with a million brush strokes, you remove it with only 1 pass of your razor. If you generated enough lather to repeat the process without having to dip back into your cream/soap - that's a 2 pass.

Yay I can sleep better tonight now - thank you kindly for the information.