10,000 character limit on posts

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
I discovered today that there is a 10,000 character limit on posts in the forum. I was wondering if this could be increased by any chance as when I post a review thread I like to 'wax lyrical' using flowery, pretentious and mostly unwanted verbiage as is my proclivity.

@Monsta_AU @Mark1966 is this a software limitation with Xen Foro ?

Sheesh, you talk a lot [emoji13]

Just put them on two posts, or is there a limitation?

I keep getting told at uni that brevity is a gift we should aspire to!

This is a @Monsta_AU issue I'm afraid though - above my pay grade...

This is a @Monsta_AU issue I'm afraid though - above my pay grade...

He is too busy for the likes of me, I can assure you good sir. I never got an answer to my changing forum nick question - even with the offer to pay for hosting, etc :)

He is too busy for the likes of me, I can assure you good sir. I never got an answer to my changing forum nick question - even with the offer to pay for hosting, etc :)

I think he was O/S at the time.

Just a default of 10K chars per post. I have adjusted it up, but its meant to be a forum and not an essay site!

Yea but for the occasions someone does a review they may need the extra limit.

Duly noted boss... but goddamit I enjoy writing lengthy review posts!

I thought lawyers are meant to be brief and succinct in their...oh!! That's right, you get paid in 6 minute increments don't you?!!? Hmmmm... verbosity is a skill of lawyers huh?!

Intermission?

I thought lawyers are meant to be brief and succinct in their...oh!! That's right, you get paid in 6 minute increments don't you?!!? Hmmmm... verbosity is a skill of lawyers huh?!

If I was 10 years younger I would gladly stand up in any courtroom of the land as your advocate and evidence that you are indeed wasted in your current vocation and that this wasting of your talent as Australia's doyen of comedy is a crime against all of us.

I submit that it is astounding, indeed astonishing that HBO or Comedy Channel has not offered you at least 2 prime time seasons with an option to renew that you might air and bequest your comedic gift as is so obviously deserving on the public and indeed world at large.

Last edited:
I submit that it is astounding, indeed astonishing that HBO or Comedy Channel has not offered you at least 2 prime time seasons with an option to renew that you might air and bequest your comedic gift as is so obviously deserving on the public and indeed world at large.

I've got the face for the forum my friend...

I've got the face for the forum my friend...
With respect, I do believe researching the likelihood between the defendant and Carl Barron would be prudent in the aforementioned matter.

With respect, I do believe researching the likelihood between the defendant and Carl Barron would be prudent in the aforementioned matter.

Please allow me to prosecute the idea that you two clowns and your 'legal' banter is a bit bloody funny, particularly Phil whose level of comedic genius and wit would no doubt be an immediate sensation on American television with the incisive acuity of borked surely a running mate if not equal.

:coffee: