2017 sabattical

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Gents, now that my number have hit the roof, and I want to slow down a bit. What's happening to the 2017 sabbatical? How does it work exactly? And are you thinking of giving it a shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's gonna keep me company then. Not @Mark1966?

Yeah of little faith!

Let's work up some sensible rules - couple of reasonable exemptions and get this happening!

Exemption 2: If he spends more than he sells in genuine sales to third parties, he pays each active member the difference.
Exemption 3: Trades are encouraged, particularly for Polsilvers, which can be banked for a frequent trader scheme to be determined.

This practically writes itself!

Well I did manage to complete with 2015 Sabbatical with no NET purchases (sale value greater than purchase value) and I DID notify in advance an exclusion for the 2016 Sabbatical, see here:2016 Sabbatical Thread ,

"If (and it's a HUGE if), a Darwin Razor was to become available at a reasonable cost then it would come under some serious consideration. In turn I will offload some stuff to the equivalent value and make it a neutral cost procurement. I don't think I will have the opportunity to purchase such a rare razor but let's not close the door on that one".

Very surprised and very happy to have had to take advantage of that one! At the time of my (initial) failure (over a butterscotch Wee Scot) I did note the Darwin exemption AND a proposed butterscotch Chubby 1 exemption. I think that the latter is all I would need to get through 2017 ...

Oh, and any P&C limited edition offerings as well, of course!

Hmm. Can I put in one if I ran out of soap? I am sorted otherwise.

I'm in...
Excluding B&M seasonals, Paladin brushes, M&F brushes, anything @todras produces and required soap purchases from other artisans to match, NOS straights, "rare opportunity Jnats"...

Yep, I think that should just about cover it.

Okay, seriously now, I am happy to sign up for 100% on hardware, with some allowance on software. I would have to exclude a limited number of Australian Private Reserve products (& matching soaps from other vendors), and B&M seasonals. My soap & A/S supply is actually limited - severely compared to some of you and I am still building it).

I am in the same boat. However I think in the spirit of restraint. I will only buy new software once I completely run out.

I do appreciate the whole idea of the "sabbatical"... however I can resist anything - except temptation as Oscar Wilde said. I guess the thing I enjoy most about the whole wet shaving caper is trying out new scents, soaps and razors and blades and the infinite combination of shaves that these offer. And while I know I have enough blades, soaps, splashes, brushes and balms to last till Doomsday...I just want that variety and sense of trying something new.
A lot of the US shaving sites allow "trades" during the sabbatical - just not spending money on products...so maybe that's the way I will go...
Will think about it over the next few days (n)

@Snooze

Agree with you, however sometimes we go too far and don't get to properly appreciate a scent before moving on to the next.

A lot of the US shaving sites allow "trades" during the sabbatical - just not spending money on products...so maybe that's the way I will go...
Will think about it over the next few days (n)

I did similar with my 'no net expenditure' but they STILL picked on me :cry:

That's the thing thou, if you have a large enough collection there is no constraints. A new soap came out , so just trade a couple of the spare pucks and have a look. Ditto razors, splashes whatever.