2017 sabattical

Have you been fantasising about @Draco Noir's eBay 'dealer' - January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Hmmm, I'm already regretting my choice of words there - you guys make it sound like I have a personal drug-dealer on speed-dial. The reality is simpler and way less sinister : over 18 months or so of dealing almost exclusively with the vendor concerned, we have developed a friendship that transcends the language differences (thanks, Google Translate and Wikipedia on Japanese manners). We enjoy dealing with each other, and correspond even when razors are not involved.

Sorry if the reality is nowhere near as lurid as you seem to hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I'm already regretting my choice of words there - you guys make it sound like I have a personal drug-dealer on speed-dial. The reality is simpler and way less sinister : over 18 months or so of dealing almost exclusively with the vendor concerned, we have developed a friendship that transcends the language differences (thanks, Google Translate and Wikipedia on Japanese manners). We enjoy dealing with each other, and correspond even when razors are not involved.

Sorry if the reality is nowhere near as lurid as you seem to hope...

That was what I meant!

I've established similar 'relationships' with eBay sellers of DEs when collecting. Usually other collectors 'retiring' and I've received a 'heads up' on items a few times as a result.

@Draco Noir

So you wouldn't mind sharing their identity then?
Via pm of course [emoji12]

Wow @Rami and @Mark1966. You're both weird. Razors are not high up on my fantasization list when I go to bed. But, whatever turns you on.

OK, well MAYBE I can understand not getting too excited about this one -

9br_RwufpuVGMz8SwfrH7mujmdyIXjJ6KxPRl5-5Lsyx1oLIHH0ordYw40DcysP27LaGWNtpVC96nQBxcTO2A6RUfVi5QbJ-5HYEoAPM4RN1Ia-9YSJKtrR9icIjGsqXMSUd-83-0doDGejiROGmY35FAFbK538Kvu-l8iLS8K9RWJAMUGw-tHhR-u02encFss2vIW826wGqtoUcuLcBiso8Whd2DgJGJKjQ-etMZ3xvhg4B_OpRtHa8E_Sosi2u4A2g3V1KibDplzi1w67vKqNGnL8sLcgxztw9Ki7_2epXoHzUXZL78MxtPs02KKGCqB72u5vrWyhBMhRC51xTF27uR9Zyw5kthLj5sslnAWfiPyB6T2NWYqqUx52SpCkImxllp09dB_KLR_NJsER_9sH66h2FaK5Ajc6nWMzZBIL1shGsM7i2dRb7XTrOgBieVrCrm0wTogr3Ng7pA-8QKsp1SydZlhl-Ehl-tyAtviGmFL7-xwF2Kj7nYrm621beyEH7DwQJ_nRak7fyNbpLavXtLYaxTp48cXMxW82AcwWC2KYc73TEKVXIXTfwa5rpMNm2tEJgIDXglb9-il8x4OOktwkUjw2tg6KcgmNCLnz5fKx-FdQV=w1280-h960-no

But surely THIS is a thing of beauty, to be loved, cherished and, yes, the stuff of dreams -

Nzpy4KZE-nYhjw0N3NrenevOUTfGVGd6Wp3OO8bPMpHgQdA0UCardg_PYv26YUklxE5phE4XwmCO6mA3xhmqtjDAaAQqnvKJhx1yd9CCc01ylRcR07mqLsmrMzdSJnY6a04ixzUfCKJGIEo4jtJOVAj4XdUUOejiWaR8H0BWaR83_Ff23ub26lQwRuA7HtuDoNBpB5Ac0FjyP-fTdde1YPUWCp453NNIz-UibC6Z29GppODu7lKmhgYWMkgxhmxucAFp6TTp4FXA_SODTrYsSSEO03YodM_FJ82sF0EGiCteIFDBMBfbzRWQBTPgaOeITajYOGNMA0Sr1fYTi1aDD4xdU0qE8fqUqJCRhp-A5vt9W1ZJ6AxEVNPCokw_3IMOD4uV2rBLiBF70aK5ETDEdpFG7oQxpYRdtDRUIg5evj2gHgk5RDlAI70HD_vsVt9yFYN2JotXwNdx2LMoVj45isuDYqj3uXzZFK05apnooaQ0uXtCPjSmdTtnG03k-HIHeetKMZXOThqSjXWsb-ShxS-9_7Ip1qASegfzDnMCXrV_rL1XsDYTp1XSFMaCJzbjXNRdbzmY7feTGcCaV07Bxn-7m7n7blSPQ0QjxhoOUrBHeYeu6_KM=w1280-h960-no

Gratutious duplication of photos intended - thanks @Draco Noir !

Perhaps the lack of excitement is the inability to grow any "real" whiskers :ROFLMAO:

Well, I heard that the filamonica are a bit temperamental in quality. I personally not sure they are worth some of the prices I have seen.

Well, I heard that the filamonica are a bit temperamental in quality. I personally not sure they are worth some of the prices I have seen.

They were relatively unknown not that long ago, then they became popular and BOOM went up the prices. In fact, all straights have shot up in prices in the last 6 months.

@Sxot right about the time I bought a few. Just see prices crash that I am now on sabbatical

So, modding a brush by getting tony to install a new handle to my knot is out?

You know what, if I have to ask then it's a no. This can wait till next year.

You know what, if I have to ask then it's a no. This can wait till next year.
I know man - this sabbatical thing is hard - so many temptations @Rami - just think of all the great stuff we can buy when its over!!;)

I opted out of the sabbatical and have spent less already this year and think about buying stuff less as well :joyful:.

Seems being on sabbatical makes you think about buying stuff more than if you were just going about your business normally.

Not only that but you miss out on awesome stuff like cheap Paladin's and ATT razors.