Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I'm sure that many of you will be participating in the PCTB5 - our great box of goodies that travels around this great country to your home.

But what about all the excess samples, those not in the top picks by participants or those with maybe not enough to last in a travelling box? The sort of things in here -

AWKN8Kzl.jpg

Well over the course of 2019 this box, or something like it, will be making its way around the P&C Meet Ups across the country.

Come to the Meet Ups and you will be able to walk away with up to six samples from the Sample Box.

If you are organising a meet up let me know so we can make sure that the sample box comes your way!

The idea is that it is sent around to the meet ups this year so that participants can take up to six samples to keep with them - on the following conditions:
  • they write some sort of review - even some comments in a SOTD post would be sufficient,
  • samples taken can NOT be the same producer, in other words somebody cannot take two Mystic Water samples in a particular round for example.
The 'host' of the box will obviously get first look and be able to take up to twelve samples. The caveat is that you hold the box and be prepared to either post back or post to the next meet up. I'll cover the actual postage costs on request.

BTW - I had to select a prefix - but this is NOT just for CBR

Last edited:
Roadtrip to Canberra.. oh wait you mean our local Meetup spot will have its own P&C traveling box. Get outta here 🤣
Man the lucky country strikes again.
Get in quick other states :yawn: otherwise Sydney takes the lot!! :punch:

This is a perfect opportunity to arrange a Sydney meet up date.
My wife and daughter will have their own meet up on the day of the next meet as daughter has discovered a new dress shop in Newtown.....sigh.
Mark, I can pick up the box at the next Canberra gathering and drop it off at the Sydney meet, if you think I can be trusted with the goodies.

This is a perfect opportunity to arrange a Sydney meet up date.
My wife and daughter will have their own meet up on the day of the next meet as daughter has discovered a new dress shop in Newtown.....sigh.
Mark, I can pick up the box at the next Canberra gathering and drop it off at the Sydney meet, if you think I can be trusted with the goodies.

That would be fine - but Adelaide might get in first!

I helped myself to small bottle of scent and a couple of soap samples from the box on Saturday - the scent was labelled "Vintage Herbal Cologne", if memory serves.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what brand it is?

Thank you & generous but think I'm covered as below. Wear it proudly and enjoy (y)

Thank you esquire. But me thinks it may not get to Sydney for awhile.

Hurry up and organise a meet up then!

@astinus4 appears to have taken on the mantle of NT organiser, and has arranged a Darwin meetup at the end of the month with a few P&C lurkers and myself. But as it's on 21st Feb I think we might be too late to arrange it's safe arrival up here?

Is the box going to make it to Adelaide for the Feb.10 meet-up?

@astinus4 appears to have taken on the mantle of NT organiser, and has arranged a Darwin meetup at the end of the month with a few P&C lurkers and myself. But as it's on 21st Feb I think we might be too late to arrange it's safe arrival up here?

Well done @astinus4 !

The box is currently on its way to the 10 February ADL meet up - surely we have have it in the mail from ADL to DRW to arrive by 21 February?

@Mark1966 please just let me know where to send and the box can go out Feb.11 to the next meet

Thank you again for this fantastic box @Mark1966 and of course to all the other donators (y)(y)(y)

It was the absolute center of focus at yesterdays Adelaide meet-up

The box has now been sent to the NT - enjoy every one (y)(y)(y)