2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample Box - Open to ALL Meet Ups

The goodies arrived in Darwin this afternoon - just in the nick of time for tomorrow's meetup! 👍🏾

Great to hear!

Note the new limits - up to 3 samples for participants and up to 5 for the host.

Great to hear!

Note the new limits - up to 3 samples for participants and up to 5 for the host.
Oops that came through too late to be taken advantage of today!

Oops that came through too late to be taken advantage of today!

Sorry :(

Some more can be retained before the box is posted off.

Sorry :(

Some more can be retained before the box is posted off.

No worries @Mark1966 , I'll let the others know before the box is sent on. I understand that the Melbourne guys are aiming to have their meetup late March, so happy to send it to someone there or back to you Mark.

Last edited:
No worries @Mark1966 , I'll let the others know before the box is sent on. I understand that the Melbourne guys are aiming to have their meetup late March, so happy to send it to someone there or back to you Mark.
Maybe @astinus4 can create a spreadsheet of everything that's left to help us decide?

Melbourne on 23 March might be next?

Any meet ups before that?

@astinus4 appears to have taken on the mantle of NT organiser, and has arranged a Darwin meetup at the end of the month with a few P&C lurkers and myself. But as it's on 21st Feb I think we might be too late to arrange it's safe arrival up here?

Thanks @astinus4 for organising the meetup and @Mark1966 for the box of goodies. I scored the Mystic Water Ginger Pear and Haslinger Schafmilch (Shave Milk ?) soaps to trial.
Special thanks to @eggbert for sharing some sample vintage blades and prototypes.

A few questions if I may?
Is the Palmira a soap or cream? And is this some Serbian stuff? I hear this name from time to time and I liked the scent (even if at first I thought it was coconut, but I blame the sheer quantity of samples for this mistake) so I went with this and a Mystic Water Sweet Briar.

Also, want to thank @Callum for the sample of Vitos from his kilo brick. Next meetup I’ll have some goodies for you guys (y)

Social meetup box is still alive and well, it eagerly awaits the next city to get it's act together and have it around for bevvies. :)

How about you send it home to Canberra? Others seems a little slow on the uptake ;)

Reviews

Eufros - Rosa Bourbon
  • Good: Great scent which reminds me of Turkish Delight.
  • Bad: Lather seemed airy and I got irritation the 4-5 shaves I got out of the sample. Hard to find.
I'm not sure if it's the scent/fragrance causing the irritation or the soap. I've heard really good things about this soap, so I'm not sure why it didn't work for me. Potentially an older formulation, so I'd be willing to give something else from the brand a go.

Mystic Water - White Tea Ginger
  • Good: Great scent, performance and value.
  • Bad: I'm not sure of any stockists other than their main site, which means shipping could make the value worse.
I'd put Mystic Water on par with Stirling soap. Both brands are great performers and offer good value for money with a large range of scents. If this becomes available at a seller I use, it would be in my next order. (After I use up some of my current soaps :dead:)

Vitos Coco (not really part of the sample box but I'll add this here anyway)
  • Good: No scent... it might have had one, but like Cella if it did, it went away. Great performance and value.
  • Bad: No scent.
Vitos is a brand I've wanted to try for a while. Thanks to @Callum for providing a sample. I'd put this in the same league as Cella for being a low scent, great value soap. It might even be better value than Cella as my sample appeared to be more solid, so potentially less water content. Also I haven't heard of it going 'off' like Cella. I don't think you could go wrong with either Cella or Vitos Coco if you wanted to go the budget/value route.