2020 UNOFFICIAL SABBATICAL

StratMan

I have been thinking about this for a while now and reckon there is no time like the present I REALLY need to know if I have the rabbit hole under control or if I truly have an acquisition disorder :)

I understand that P&C used to do a yearly sabbatical starting at the beginning of the year, but last years 2019 was cancelled so was hoping it is cool to start one now, albeit an unofficial one.

If all is good to proceed, should we make this a 'mini' one that goes for half a year or go the whole hog and do it for a year?

This is a first for me so not sure on the rules.. here are a few that have come to mind so let me know what you think.

Proposed Rules
  1. You cant buy anything after the start date, including anything you run out of so make sure you have supplies.
  2. The only exception to the above would be if you placed on order before you joined and have not yet had the chance to pay for it e.g. for a wolfman
  3. You can offload any of your items to anyone for $$ but you cannot trade any goods in for yourself.
  4. You can receive a gift from someone, as long as you didn't instigate it

am i missing anything obvious?

So far @tim33z, @Blackie , a mate of mine (who will have an account on here prior to kick off) and myself have registered interest in proceeding with this.. any other takers out there???

come on @SpeedyPC you know you want to.. and if you dont you know you NEED :)

come on @SpeedyPC you know you want to..
giphy.gif

My 2 cents: if you don't want to buy anything - just don't ;)

Why the need to publicly post it, have rules what and when to buy stuff and what not?

more like a self help group, it isn’t easy to just not buy.. sort of like quitting smoking :)
I get that but you don't hold the meetings for the 'trying to give up smoking self help group' in the smoker's lounge of a hotel. :LOL: We do strongly warn people at the Welcome Mat that they are walking into a forum full of self professed enablers. We even give recognition for the best enablers!!:X3:
I could give up razors tomorrow,......no I could......really......be kidding myself.................................. I just need someone to talk to.................................. my son is growing his beard out caus' his girlfriend doesn't want him to shave...................................... and now he says he's shopping for an electric razor to trim his beard............................. man, this is so messed up!!:zombie:

I've started already. Because of the Covid lockdown us oldies had to stay home.
My usual razorbladesclub can't send to NZ now.
So...it was easy to stop buying...because I couldn't.
But with the Wolfman, what else do I really need anyway?
Should mention that my forced Internet 'holiday' starts tomorrow.
Will catch up with you guys later in the year.
Be kind, stay safe, take some time to smell the roses, go out and watch the sunrise with your special person.

.................................. I just need someone to talk to.................................. my son is growing his beard out caus' his girlfriend doesn't want him to shave......................................
I should send him a selfie of my full-wizard beard...

Yeah... Between fires, hail, work, pandemic, kids, home-schooling, etc etc etc time has been in limited supply.

My last shave was January 10th (+- a couple days). It started as "I'm too busy. I'll shave tomorrow". Which eventually became "Too busy, I'll shave when s**t calms down...".
It will surprise noone to hear that things are still crazy. So, shaving just hasn't been a thing*.

*I still clean up the edges a bit, maybe once a week.
I now have a beard-oil shelf... Turns out there's rabbit-holes everywhere. *sigh*

As mentioned in another thread I failed already. Only took a splodge of Proraso Blue with me to the beach house as we were only going to be there 2 weeks. Then Covid lockdown came along.
Eek...running out of soap. Then you lot talked about Stirling soaps so it was easy to get me to stray.
Bay Rum, and Black Cherry inbound.
Maybe I've gone soft...In Vietnam I shaved each morning with just a smidgeon of Chlorox flavoured water. No soap...just the remnants of my tooth brushing earlier.
Gee, life is so easy now.

Sorry @StratMan i too have failed!
Unless it was a 10 day challenge? Then i would have failed also - i think i ordered something on the 2nd June, but cant remember for the life of me now...

Should we start on July 1?

As mentioned in another thread I failed already. Only took a splodge of Proraso Blue with me to the beach house as we were only going to be there 2 weeks. Then Covid lockdown came along.
Eek...running out of soap. Then you lot talked about Stirling soaps so it was easy to get me to stray.
Bay Rum, and Black Cherry inbound.
Maybe I've gone soft...In Vietnam I shaved each morning with just a smidgeon of Chlorox flavoured water. No soap...just the remnants of my tooth brushing earlier.
Gee, life is so easy now.
Sorry @StratMan i too have failed!
Unless it was a 10 day challenge? Then i would have failed also - i think i ordered something on the 2nd June, but cant remember for the life of me now...

Should we start on July 1?

Well done gentlemen!