2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

1,000 Vintage Gillette Super Stainless Aussie Spoilers.
My thanks to the seller for supplying these in such a timely and appropriate container.
Lest we forget.

zubnsLg.jpg

m5vuLCJ.jpg

udpgCFe.jpg

1,000 Vintage Gillette Super Stainless Aussie Spoilers.
My thanks to the seller for supplying these in such a timely and appropriate container.
Lest we forget.

zubnsLg.jpg

m5vuLCJ.jpg

udpgCFe.jpg
@TomG , hi on the Forum are these the blades people are referring to when they say “Spoilers” and not the USA made ones with “the SPOILER” backlit with yellow on the blade case? If so I’ve now got both without realising!! 👍

@TomG , hi on the Forum are these the blades people are referring to when they say “Spoilers” and not the USA made ones with “the SPOILER” backlit with yellow on the blade case? If so I’ve now got both without realising!! 👍
Hi, Les.
The Aussie Spoilers were manufactured at the same time as the US Spoilers, at the Australian Gillette Factory.
I have a decent stash of both, and to be honest, I think the Aussie Spoilers are a little better. Hence, when opportunity knocked, I broke down the door. ;)

Last edited:
I am putting together a new travel kit for a three week road trip in August. I purchased this travel razor from Aliexpress on sale for $16.16 with free shipping. It came with a synthetic knot which I found to be totally useless so I drilled it out and replaced it with a 22mm SHD HMW Badger knot for $36.48 delivered. I now have a fantastic travel brush at a cost of $52.64. I used it this morning and it performed as expected. 😁 😁 😁

Before

Travel.webp

After

TB-1.jpg

TB-2.jpg