2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

Thank you @Phil Harmonica and @Gargravarr 😂
I thought Sabbatical is exactly opposite😂
Like going crazy on shopping spread😂

So just to clarify:
Sabbatical have to start from the 1st of January or from any moment of the year?
Do we have to announce that we start?
Who is giving us a patch/badge on the forum for completing?
Do we have any exceptions like lets say a Pears soap for $2 because we run out during the year?
Is there any support thread for the members being part of this challenge?
What if we do not buy anything but we get some stuff as a present?

Thank you @Phil Harmonica and @Gargravarr 😂
I thought Sabbatical is exactly opposite😂
Like going crazy on shopping spread😂

So just to clarify:
Sabbatical have to start from the 1st of January or from any moment of the year?
Do we have to announce that we start?
Who is giving us a patch/badge on the forum for completing?
Do we have any exceptions like lets say a Pears soap for $2 because we run out during the year?
Is there any support thread for the members being part of this challenge?
What if we do not buy anything but we get some stuff as a present?
P&C doesn't really have formal sabbaticals anymore. @Monsta_AU used to issue banners, but he's gone cold on the idea. So there's nothing stopping you from setting your own conditions. Pears soap is just a normal item of shopping, I don't think it's necessary to include that.

The way it works now (if at all) is to start a thread (if it doesn't already exist) for, say 2025 Sabbatical and people join up to say "I'm in" (or not). And then you just don't buy anything shaving-related from 1/1/25 to 31/12/25. Gifts are fine, as are exchanges or pass-arounds. I think most people make an exception for charity auctions too, but that's up to you. You can use that same thread for congratulation/support, or for mockery of those who bomb out. :LOL:

If you do bomb out, the convention is to embrace your shame by putting "2025 Sabbatical Fail" in your sig.

Last edited:
Of course, there are those who could say the whole point of this forum is to enable our harmless vice. :LOL:

In my case, I've spent at least a couple of grand on it since this time last year (obviously there are some here who far outstrip me) but it's probably time to pause and appreciate what I've got.

Of course, there are those who could say the whole point of this forum is to enable our harmless vice. :LOL:

In my case, I've spent at least a couple of grand on it since this time last year (obviously there are some here who far outstrip me) but it's probably time to pause and appreciate what I've got.
Wise words……
But temptations always seem to materialise…. ;)

Now I understand what is going on. I think Sabbatical 2025 is a must in my case😂.
I still have half a year to be fully prepared for that hard time😂. Let me just check what to order to be safe😂.
And my wife thinks it should be at least Sabbatical 2025-2030😂

And I think the presents are a bit tricky as most of the time I send the links to my wife what would be a good 🎁. And I pay for that😂.
But it would not be considered as cheating right?😂😂😂

These razors arrived today. I paid $25 Aus including delivery to Perth Australia.
These are in soak now ready to be cleaned.
Really happy to final secure a Gillette FatBoy & Super Adjustable 109 at good prices.
Not sure of the other 2 razors, they look like a mixture of parts, small light travel razors. Anyone any ideas.

No an old English Company, I'm trying to find out about them. They now only make Boar or Synthetics. The ''new'' company has no old records of the various ones initially made I believe records lost in a fire? Small bit of history on B&B
I thought it was made by Simpsons as the label’s design looks the same

No an old English Company, I'm trying to find out about them. They now only make Boar or Synthetics. The ''new'' company has no old records of the various ones initially made I believe records lost in a fire? Small bit of history on B&B
Paging @Mark1966 he has a number of old English badger brushes, he might be the man to help you out and details about this brush.

Just arrived in the mail; Culmak No84 in Best Badger, NOS. !st Butterscotch brush, I don't think it will be my last!!

The Culmaks are beautiful brushes. I think that Simpson are superior, but they are still wonderful!

Gotta love VSHOD. I bought the 3 on the left, and he threw in the 2 on the right, complimentary.
They smell great too (y) :)
QCAJfiU.jpg