2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

Gotta love VSHOD. I bought the 3 on the left, and he threw in the 2 on the right, complimentary.
They smell great too (y) :)
QCAJfiU.jpg
I got one of my products from there yesterday and for the first time only got what I paid for. I'm not complaining at all, because I've received so much free gear from there, it was just most unusual. :)

Received a set of 3 Filarmonica Doble Temple 12 (5/8) which came from a vintage barbers case. I did a deal with the vendor whereby he sent me the 3 Fili's but kept the other items to resell (hand clippers, combs, scissors etc.). The razors are well used, but the barber clearly kept them in a tight rotation as the wear patterns were identical. Bit of a smile at the toe, but nothing to worry about I think. (See honing post for details)
kKJujPo.jpg

Received a set of 3 Filarmonica Doble Temple 12 (5/8) which came from a vintage barbers case. I did a deal with the vendor whereby he sent me the 3 Fili's but kept the other items to resell (hand clippers, combs, scissors etc.). The razors are well used, but the barber clearly kept them in a tight rotation as the wear patterns were identical. Bit of a smile at the toe, but nothing to worry about I think. (See honing post for details)
kKJujPo.jpg
lovely!

I woukld have been many hundreds of dollars richer if I had never heard from @LesC.

Arrived in this afternoon's mail, a boxed set of six NOS Yamamasa kamisori. They are definitely NOS with absolutely no visible wear. The edges are in factory condition and definitely not shave-ready. I purchased them from an antique dealer in the USA who informed me that they came from the estate of a deceased Japanese gentleman there.
r7taZom.jpg

yvuqY4S.jpg

hGTqNn4.jpg

The timber case is in good condition except that all the hardware will need replacing. It has heavily deteriorated over time. Fortunately I have some suitable hardware in my box of SR fittings.

JvipxUT.jpg

N ow I have some kamisori on which to practice my rattan wrapping :giggle:.

I woukld have been many hundreds of dollars richer if I had never heard from @LesC.

Arrived in this afternoon's mail, a boxed set of six NOS Yamamasa kamisori. They are definitely NOS with absolutely no visible wear. The edges are in factory condition and definitely not shave-ready. I purchased them from an antique dealer in the USA who informed me that they came from the estate of a deceased Japanese gentleman there.
r7taZom.jpg

yvuqY4S.jpg

hGTqNn4.jpg

The timber case is in good condition except that all the hardware will need replacing. It has heavily deteriorated over time. Fortunately I have some suitable hardware in my box of SR fittings.

JvipxUT.jpg

Richard, a lovely set of Kamisori’s and yes IF I had seen them 1st you’d still have your $’s 😂😂 Congrats on a wonderful purchase

r7taZom.jpg

yvuqY4S.jpg

hGTqNn4.jpg

JvipxUT.jpg

Great purchase, will be interested in the honing ratio Omote/Ura you apply.
Enjoy!

SPhAjzC.jpg

A package from Poland, what could it be ...

Hmmm, my first purchase in a LONG time, I couldn't resist ...

t97v2GO.jpg

400 more blades and a few samples thrown in!

I just picked up a few things from a retired Italian barber facebook.
After a good chat and an espresso (he made)
He just about gave them to me (well half his wholesale price)
Never tried either of these before.
Not sure what to do with it all yet.
"Or I never need to buy shaving cream again.
Cheers
IMG-8467.jpg

Last edited: