5 Day Rotation Tidy Storage

Tony Forsyth

Man of the Lathe
Artisan Producer
P&C LE Supplier
I had to make a start in tidying up the shaving collection piling up in the bathroom so I drew this up in Cad and then cut all the parts out on one of our lasers. Some acrylic folding to form a drip tray under and then glue it all together. So now I can tidy up the bathroom a little :sneaky: and also set up a 5 day rotation for brushes and razors :) What do you guy's use for
1. Shaving gear storage?
2. Setting out your shave rotations?
3. What would you like to have for shaving storage or setting out your rotations?
Cheers
Tony
3KXgbmZ.jpg

bCuJV3q.jpg

Very nice @Tony Forsyth !! I was thinking along similar lines. I have a timber test-tube rack style holder for my razors and a perspex shelf for my brushes.
Yours looks much nicer!!
I think a drawer in the base would be good for blades / soaps etc
You could sell it flat packed and people could self-assemble.

Looks great! I like the idea for flat-packing - I reckon it could be cost competitive that way with conventional brush stands the way they charge for them.... The only other suggestion I would make would be to make it smaller - shelf space is usually at a premium in most bathrooms and there seems to be large gaps between brushes and between brushes and razors in those photos. Something more compact would tighten things up - putting more holes for razors would be attractive to better utilise the space as people could then use them for more razors or toothbrushes etc as required - that would be a much bigger market than just people who have a five day rotation. And maybe some variable hole sizes for different sized brushes? Oh and a "TF" symbol engraved on it somewhere...

The other thing is the razors seem to be unnecessarily high - one shelf there looks redundant? Could be an issue for customers with height restrictions on their shelves. Sorry - it's just my design OCD coming through - I'm an engineer you see...

Of course brushes don't need to be hung upside down at all but it does look cool...

Nice work mate - but there are SEVEN days in the week ;)

That is a fine looking stand! I like the idea but for me it would have to be more compact as the Mrs and I are competing for bathroom space (she's winning)

Looks great! I like the idea for flat-packing - I reckon it could be cost competitive that way with conventional brush stands the way they charge for them.... The only other suggestion I would make would be to make it smaller - shelf space is usually at a premium in most bathrooms and there seems to be large gaps between brushes and between brushes and razors in those photos. Something more compact would tighten things up - putting more holes for razors would be attractive to better utilise the space as people could then use them for more razors or toothbrushes etc as required - that would be a much bigger market than just people who have a five day rotation. And maybe some variable hole sizes for different sized brushes? Oh and a "TF" symbol engraved on it somewhere...

The other thing is the razors seem to be unnecessarily high - one shelf there looks redundant? Could be an issue for customers with height restrictions on their shelves. Sorry - it's just my design OCD coming through - I'm an engineer you see...

Of course brushes don't need to be hung upside down at all but it does look cool...

Thanks for your feedback @RazorPlay I am not sure that flatpack would work as the glue I use to put acyrlic parts together properly uses a syringe and takes a certain amount of skill to get a nice clear glue joint with no mess. so people with lesser skills may struggle keeping that neat and tidy. The size of the unit can be made to any size this was just what I wanted for my 5 day rotation so that's an easy one to change in the drawings. However the increased spacing was because I often see other stands where everything touches one another and I did not want that happening with my gear so even if the razors spin in their allocated holes they will not touch each other and my thoughts were exactly the same for the brushes. I did read some where that brushes should be stored upside down as when they are constantly wet and have water inside the socket that the knot can start to rot. Maybe need some more info on that one but I was not taking the risk. The reason I lifted the razors a little was that if the razor is wet not that it should be, it is not sitting in water on the rack, I also think that having the razor sitting off the rack allows you to pick it up much easier especially if they still have a blade in them however again if that is not an issue it is once again an easy change in the drawings. That's my reasoning but I threw it up here to gain feedback from those more experienced than I, so I am very open to all feedback and thankyou for your's. Oh and my TF Logo is on either end if you look closely ;)
Cheers
Tony

That is a fine looking stand! I like the idea but for me it would have to be more compact as the Mrs and I are competing for bathroom space (she's winning)

Haha !! they always do win don't they or at least that's what we let them think;)
More compact is certainly possible.
Thanks for your input.

I only try to work 5 :sneaky: and have the weekends to myself and do not like a routine on the weekends :D

It would throw my system out completely! I have a seven day set of brushes :)

Also, have you considered wall mounting?
Leaves more bench/counter top, window sill space for soaps and other random items :)

Oh so you CNC cut perspex? I presume you can bend bender too... Very very interesting.

....and yes. The biggest problem with your design is there are two slots missing!

We need a 7 day brush roster. Have these hit the website yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Two more brushes! I realized when reaching for today's brush I have 5 brushes in rotation - with two in transit so a perfect 7. No more brushes for me then. Same can't be said for the number of razors but then I use one for a week before moving onto the next. PM incoming.

We need a 7 day brush roster. Have these hit the website yet?
No mate not yet, I am just throwing a few things around and getting some feedback to see what will work and what will not ;-)
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by a moderator: