6S or something different?

dangerman

I've gotten tired of waiting for my Rockwell Model T. To their credit they were quick to offer me a refund or the option of a 6S instead. What do you guys think?

As background I currently have a 6C and have been delighted with it. Great shaves even with less than perfect technique. I've always liked the look of the 6S too.

However they are very similar razors. Should I experiment with something different this time?

Last edited:
As someone who owns a model T I think its good, but it’s isnt going to change your life or anything. The 6s is probably a better razor.

The 6C & 6S are both good razors. If you are after something different try Game Changer 0.84. For the $ its very comfortable and efficient with a low head profile.

Or jump in the deep end and spend a little more to go on the Wolfman waiting list.
Hell, you can save $20 a week and by the time you get your number called, you go all in on the best options plus stand...

Thanks for the suggestions all. I've asked for the refund. Now I need to think what to buy.

So many options as we all know. I've promised myself a special holy grail ultimate type razor one day but never been able to work myself up to something like a Timeless or Wolfman.

I'm keeping an open mind for now. Not rushing into anything just yet. I'm partial to stainless, but I admit the Karve looks nice without going too crazy.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I've asked for the refund. Now I need to think what to buy.

So many options as we all know. I've promised myself a special holy grail ultimate type razor one day but never been able to work myself up to something like a Timeless or Wolfman.

I'm keeping an open mind for now. Not rushing into anything just yet. I'm partial to stainless, but I admit the Karve looks nice without going too crazy.
IMHO I'd skip on the 6S seeing as you already own the 6C and invest the hard earned $$$ in something you would actually use on a daily basis. The Karve is the safe bet when bundled with a few plates and it really is an improvement on the awesome 6S/6C (if you're happy to wait to get it). I'm yet to try the GC 0.84 and hear its a surprisingly good performer and you could easily grab one locally via VSHOD. If you're after an affordable adjustable try the Parker Variant as its my favourite once you get over the larger head. Plenty of options so goodluck... Happy shaves!

$0.05 worth coming up - I personally found the 6s to be a totally different (ie smoother) shaving experience compared to the 6c. I assume due to a combination of the extra weight and the sensation of Stainless steel against the skin. If you feel having a 6c and a 6s is redundant just sell or trade the 6c

IMHO I'd skip on the 6S seeing as you already own the 6C and invest the hard earned $$$ in something you would actually use on a daily basis. The Karve is the safe bet when bundled with a few plates and it really is an improvement on the awesome 6S/6C (if you're happy to wait to get it). I'm yet to try the GC 0.84 and hear its a surprisingly good performer and you could easily grab one locally via VSHOD. If you're after an affordable adjustable try the Parker Variant as its my favourite once you get over the larger head. Plenty of options so goodluck... Happy shaves!
Thanks Razor Burn. The Karve and GC seem to be the current darlings on the forums as far as reasonably priced options. Definitely considering them as possibilities.

I’m going to come at the question from a different angle and I’ve got to admit that I haven’t tried the razor. I have one but I’m saving it till I take some leave next year and can get away with one razor for four weeks. I’m suggesting the Homelike Shaving razor out of Russia. Firstly there are four different plates, the quality appears to be good and there is the option of satin or polished finish. All for $150 US and the presentation is not bad either.