A&E Strawberry Fields - Short Review

Phunk

I'm back again with another A&E purchase, yes I am a self confessed fanboy.

The latest addition to the collection is now - Strawberry Fields.

The descriptions of the scent is - "Strawberry Fields is a rich, spicy aroma. A fresh strawberry note melts into soft florals and a hint of rum. This is laid on a base of cedarwood, sandalwood, and just a touch of patchouli."

In real life? - Non-sickly / fresh strawberry smell, with a touch of floral and a tiny (and I mean tiny) hint of Sandalwood & Rum.

Scent Strength of Soap is 6.0/10 (So far, Cuban high ball has the strongest scent)

It lathers just like A&E does which is why I always go back for more, especially the Kaizen base. Doesn't need too much water and you get slickness for days.

Would I recommend? - Depends on you and if you like berry / fruit smelling types of soaps. It is definitely a soft scent and will be overpowered by any splash you throw on. I for one like it and enjoy the smell as I lather, but would I get a matching splash for it? - no, not unless I was 17 and still drowning myself in Joop.

The descriptions of the scent is - "Strawberry Fields is a rich, spicy aroma. A fresh strawberry note melts into soft florals and a hint of rum. This is laid on a base of cedarwood, sandalwood, and just a touch of patchouli."
Interesting that I can't find this on either one of their sites, so I don't know if it's no longer being produced? Did you get a cannabis note from the soap at all? Apparently, it's supposed to be a follow-up / flank Cannabliss Santal.

Interesting that I can't find this on either one of their sites, so I don't know if it's no longer being produced? Did you get a cannabis note from the soap at all? Apparently, it's supposed to be a follow-up / flank Cannabliss Santal.

Not at all, everyone who has seen the package expected some type of stale hippy scent with the strawberry, there is none of that (thankfully)

As for not being on their site, I'm unsure - it was just released as a new product.

I bought it off thestraywhisker

Club members have access.

The latest addition to the collection is now - Strawberry Fields.

I'm new to this soap as well, just a single use so far, but so far so good.

Non-sickly / fresh strawberry smell, with a touch of floral and a tiny (and I mean tiny) hint of Sandalwood & Rum.

I'd have to agree.

Depends on you and if you like berry / fruit smelling types of soaps. It is definitely a soft scent and will be overpowered by any splash you throw on. I for one like it and enjoy the smell as I lather, but would I get a matching splash for it? - no, not unless I was 17 and still drowning myself in Joop.

Again I would agree, as a soap, the smell is wonderful, but I certainly wouldn't be wearing the corresponding splash as a regular scent. It just wouldn't work as a day long scent for me.

I'm new to this soap as well, just a single use so far, but so far so good..

Welcome the A&E rabbit hole.

Tabac Vanille is still my number one scent of all time, the soap and the splash. Really depends on what like as fragrances, but if you are a Vanilla / Cinnamon fan, you will adore this.

If you like fresh somewhat tropical scent, St.Barts is my number 2. You can't get sick of smelling it. It's based on Creed - Virgin Island Water.

Welcome the A&E rabbit hole.

At the moment, I've only just entered the wet shaving rabbit hole. But picked up my first A&E soaps less than a week ago (Strawberry Fields & Kaizen) and OMG!!!

Tabac Vanille is still my number one scent of all time, the soap and the splash. Really depends on what like as fragrances, but if you are a Vanilla / Cinnamon fan, you will adore this.

I suspect that I will like this. I missed out on it from Stray Whisker a few months ago when I waited a day or two for the CC to roll over to the next period. Maybe next time.

At the moment, I've only just entered the wet shaving rabbit hole. But picked up my first A&E soaps less than a week ago (Strawberry Fields & Kaizen) and OMG!!!

I suspect that I will like this. I missed out on it from Stray Whisker a few months ago when I waited a day or two for the CC to roll over to the next period. Maybe next time.

Kaizen (the one with the chick riding the dragon?) is beautiful. That citrus fresh smell is awesome. The matching splash is one of my top splashes.

Unfortunately I missed out on peaches and cognac.. that will be next.

As for Asian Plum - No. Don't touch it unless you want to smell like a blue haired old lady that drowns herself in Chemist Warehouse clearance bin perfume.
It's what I imagine Dame Edna smelling like.

No words can explain my hatred for that soap and splash.

As for Asian Plum - No. Don't touch it unless you want to smell like a blue haired old lady that drowns herself in Chemist Warehouse clearance bin perfume.

No words? You seem to have done pretty well with the words!

Those words pretty accurately reflect how I feel about Asian Plum too. :D Fortunately for me, there was someone here who doesn't feel the same way, so I could send it off unused.

Mate, I gifted it and the splash to a relative that I got into DE Shaving, he loves it so much that he's ordered it twice more since.

His wife is now even questioning his sexuality.

Asian Plum is one of those scents it's either like or dislike. I enjoy the scent for what it is, and appreciate the artisans fragrance skills.

Guess I am also a wierdo.:)

Peaches and Cognac on the other hand I appreciate the artisans fragrance skills, unfortunately the scent profile is not to my liking. Out of 30+ A&E soaps in my archives, it is the only one I can honestly say I have no intention to use again.

Last edited:
I was in store at the Stray Whisker last week, I was NOT a fan of Asian Plum. The idea sounds great, but I'm somewhat glad that I went in store to work out the scents that I liked. I will be back once my current supply dwindles slightly more.

Kaizen (the one with the chick riding the dragon?) is beautiful. That citrus fresh smell is awesome. The matching splash is one of my top splashes.

Unfortunately I missed out on peaches and cognac.. that will be next.

Yeah its a womanly scent that reminds me of Lancôme that my misses uses. (n) Only difference is what she wears smells nice whereas Asian Plum is way too chemically... :(