A little customisation ...

bernie01

bkjX2cZ.jpg

My Fine Accroutrements bowl is/was just fine, but the Rover travel bowl from Artisan Arcade seems to work up a lather a little better, and I put it down to the 'lugs' that protrude from the base of the bowl.
At @Gargravarr's suggestion, I used some Sugru malleable glue to mod the Fine. With hindsight, I could have made the lugs a lot smaller and prettier, but there is only a 30 minute window to shape this stuff before it sets so I rushed a bit. They seem to have stuck pretty well though and tomorrow the testing begins!

Last edited:
My Fine Accroutrements bowl is/was just fine, but the Rover travel bowl from Artisan Arcade seems to work up a lather a little better, and I put it down to the 'lugs' that protrude from the base of the bowl.
At @Gargravarr's suggestion, I used some Sugru malleable glue to mod the Fine. With hindsight, I could have made the lugs a lot smaller and prettier, but they seem to have stuck pretty well
and tomorrow the testing begins!

Interested to hear the outcome. Had considered this myself a few times since obtaining a rover bowl, but happy with the Fine lather bowl as is.

Before I got my Captain's Choice bowl, I used a horrible (but large) coffee-cup that someone gave me years ago. This modification might have made me want to keep it. I don't know why I didn't think of it at the time, especially since I really like my Rover bowl.

I reckon it might need gentle work if you are using a precious badger brush, but with synthetics the Rover is safe as houses.

If you decide you want to go back to your bowl as it was, you should be able to peel off the knobbly bits with a plastic putty knife. If there's any residue left, it'll probably come off with acetone.