A slice of Canberra for those living outside ...

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Any serious damage that you've come across @stillshunter ? [emoji4]

facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg

640px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

"It is not mandatory to wear the Defence lanyard but an individual must ensure their ID pass is displayed in accordance with Defence Security Manual requirements."

While serving at Russell "N" Block in the 90s, my security pass was contained in a plastic sleeve with a clip which attached to my RAAF shirt pocket flap. I never knew if it met DSM requirements but I was never "pinged" for wearing it that way.

As a serving member this Lanyard business is ridiculous. I wear a Doctor Who lanyard for my ID, granted, once on base it lives in my pocket for the day. I am trying to find a lanyard with boobs on it.:LOL::rolleyes:

Concur Anthony. However, I think, but not certain :rolleyes: , that a "boobs" lanyard would land you in a shitload of trouble!

Money for "one colour suits all" lanyards? Even worse than when CAF changed the colour of RAAF Service Dress to that of RAF! We are NOT the RAF (says this Scot who also served in the Royal Navy), we are R AUSTRALIAN AF!

It could be worse, you could be in Darwin where this was a headline this weekend.
1ae39c64e5c47ccb7e3fef7fd11350e6.jpg

Nothing beats a Darwin headline ...

This is an example of the pure, refined brilliance that emanates from our nations capital.

I hope articles like this become a regular feature and that this thread keeps going with suitably unbelievable yet true examples of the same kind, really brought a grin to my face :D

The ONLY pass worth having on your lanyard in Canberra -