Access Granted

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Another fun little hobby of mine,
I’m canberra we are fortunate to have a small lock sport group.
X0585bQl.jpg

Filh2lAl.jpg

4 German Shepherd..........Checked
2 Baseball Bat..........Checked
2 Cricket Bat..........Checked
2 Pepper Spray..........Checked
1 Chainsaw..........Checked
2 Double Barrel Shotgun with Ammo..........Checked
100 Wanted Poster of @Ferret619 ..........Checked

Last edited:
First picture looks like a lock from a filing cabinet.... and you're in Canberra you say...,

How much did you get from the ABC for the Guvnuts secret papers ;)
Hehe TBH I’m super impressed with the ABC lol

I am also into this hobby.
I started just picking cheap Chinese locks and a few masters using a $16 set off eBay currently saving for a higher quality set of picks and tension tools.
Good to know I’m not the only weirdo on here :D
I’ve got a mix of southord and sparrows gear

I also stuff around with this lol.

I bought a starter set from pickpals for like 20 bucks and a clear padlock off eBay for a few bucks.

Have you guys tried any door locks? Do you use a jig to hold them in?

I also stuff around with this lol.

I bought a starter set from pickpals for like 20 bucks and a clear padlock off eBay for a few bucks.

Have you guys tried any door locks? Do you use a jig to hold them in?
Pickpals are a good mob, postage from WA sorta blows though...
I don’t usually use a jig as I generally play with padlocks or cylinders mounted in the door
I’ve got one lock kicking my ass currently... I’m sure it’s full of serrated pins.. I can’t rake it, can’t rock it, can’t bitch pick it...it has to single pin picked and I’m rubbish with serrated

Last edited:
I have friends who are very much into this hobby and it's actually really fun, but I hate to be 'that guy' but please take a read of the following page even if you don't take it to heart, care whatsoever or are particularly concerned :)

I have friends who are very much into this hobby and it's actually really fun, but I hate to be 'that guy' but please take a read of the following page even if you don't take it to heart, care whatsoever or are particularly concerned :)
Very true, with anything like this you have to be mindful. Should an officer stop me on any given day I may have a knife, spray paint, gloves and lock picks, it could look bad...
I have Knife for cutting boxes at work.
Paint and gloves for checking road kill for young and marking them.
Lockpicks for working on challenge kicks in my spare time.

Just dont do dodgy stuff and you will be swell.

I have a pick gun in my tool bag at work but that's part and parcel with the job, when we are out at sea and someone breaks a key or looses a key we cant just pop out to the shop and replace a whole door lock set or call in a locksmith

I have a pick gun in my tool bag at work but that's part and parcel with the job, when we are out at sea and someone breaks a key or looses a key we cant just pop out to the shop and replace a whole door lock set or call in a locksmith
I imagine locks being either really sweet and state of the art on a ship or really rubbish since the people who have access to the ship are supposed to be trustworthy?

I imagine locks being either really sweet and state of the art on a ship or really rubbish since the people who have access to the ship are supposed to be trustworthy?

we use locks literally made during the Vietnam and Korean wars.
if its extremely high security we have bio-metric scanners or finger print scanners.

I mainly bust into filing cabinets, personnel lockers and tool cabinets which people loose keys for.

We have issues with filing cabinet locks here in Canberra..