Aftershave balms

Young Buck

Hey Guys,

Due to replace my dwindling supply of stray whisker balm and just wanted to see if anyone had a good recommendation.

I enjoy ones that are not greasy.

I find balms are a YMMV thing, just like everything else. I have found some balms that others recommend are greasy to me, even though they aren't to them.
Ingredient wise, I find Stirling and WhollyKaw to be good balms. WK I find easily absorbs for me. Stirling doesn't absorb as easily and initially leaves some white streaks, almost like sunscreen.
Wickhams absorbs easily, but I think it's a step down in formula.
Chatillon Lux salve, Martin de Candre post shave oil and Declaration Grooming Liniment don't absorb for me.

I can't remember how TSW Balm compares, I'll give it a go in a few days and let you know.

I prefer serums to balms these days. Lighter, more easily absorbed and non-greasy.
I like Acqua Di Parma serum.
More recently I have been developing my own.

T5J7aSIl.jpg

I prefer serums to balms these days. Lighter, more easily absorbed and non-greasy.
I like Acqua Di Parma serum.
More recently I have been developing my own.

T5J7aSIl.jpg

Is it easy to make your own?
Would you mind sharing ingredients and process with us all?

TSW balm is one of the best out there, fully absorbs even on my greasy skin. Scent is very light and inoffensive, does what it says on the tube, and is pretty good value.

You could do a hell of a lot worse than buy another tube.

TSW balm is one of the best out there, fully absorbs even on my greasy skin. Scent is very light and inoffensive, does what it says on the tube, and is pretty good value.

You could do a hell of a lot worse than buy another tube.
I second this. Highly underrated.

I second this. Highly underrated.
Totally agree - pound for pound great value and work's a treat! Have only tried the Proraso white but it's also kind on the skin and smells quite nice :)