Agghh

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Have not shaved for 10 days. Feel like a friggen caveman and itch like hell. [emoji35]

The strange thing is I have had stints like these ( one or two weeks while travelling.) not are why this time is different. The facial hair feels thicker for some reason.

Looks like this would be the last time. Will need to assemble a Travel kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're coming in to the worst stage - for me, it starts getting better after about 30 days. By the time three months have gone by, things are nice and soft. The itch never completely leaves you though... but scratching a beard makes you appear thoughtful!

It appears thicker due to the non tapered ends.
Wash your face and moisturise it still.
Iirc the itching is due to oil/dryness...

Thanks. I am shaving this asap

@Sxot would love to see your sources please.

@borked I seemed to have forgotten my moisturisers at home ;)

Ps. By thicker I mean denser if that makes any sense.

@Rami when a razor just won't do used an axe and become a real handsome man lumberjack :p:D

If you haven't got an axe used a spoon :p:D

I am more concerned on how I am going to mange to get my straights to come travelling with me.

Rami,
Cut-throats are OK in checked-in luggage, not carry-on.
I pack mine in a plastic toothbrush holder with a couple of silica gel packs that I get from the local shoe shop (they throw aways hundreds a month)
Also, remember that the local barber was the local surgeon as well back in the day.

@Sxot would love to see your sources please.

Trotter M. Hair growth and shaving. Anatomical Record 1928;37:373-9.
Saitoh M, Uzuka M, Sakamoto M. Human hair cycle. J Invest Dermatol 1970;54:65-81.
Lynfield YL, Macwilliams P. Shaving and hair growth. J Invest Dermatol 1970;55:170-2

Start with those three and let me know if you require more. I doubt it. Their results are pretty clear.

By thicker I mean denser if that makes any sense.

More dense... so you've sprouted more hair follicles? ;)

Trotter M. Hair growth and shaving. Anatomical Record 1928;37:373-9.
Saitoh M, Uzuka M, Sakamoto M. Human hair cycle. J Invest Dermatol 1970;54:65-81.
Lynfield YL, Macwilliams P. Shaving and hair growth. J Invest Dermatol 1970;55:170-2

Start with those three and let me know if you require more. I doubt it. Their results are pretty clear.

More dense... so you've sprouted more hair follicles? ;)

Thanks. I would have to look them up. I think I did get a few more follicles, maybe.

@Rami or you can watch a movie call Sweeney Todd :p
zG2RI1E.jpg

@Sxot figured it out, I think the rate of hair growth is different since I started wet shaving.

The ore you shave, the faster it actually grows.
So one way around fast growing hair is to grow a beard, it slows the growth rate down.
Sause? HP thanks :)

Update.

Got back yesterday, man I missed my straights. Not a close shave but comfortable, no point in tearing up my face going for bbs. Cold shave, sharp razor, some lpl and heaven.