Ahhh, the joy of a nice wee drop.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Been quietly supping on a rum (my 46% stuff). Just a little ice cube in there to 'tinkle' away.
Peat smoked single malt whisky has finished fermenting and cleared ready for the still.
But wait...there's more. Sitting in another fermenter is 25 litres of Manuka smoked whisky wash.
Oh happy day!
Can't wait...but enough of me...what's up with you Aussies, etc?
Hope you all had a great New Year.
Anyone stillin'? Or brewin'?
What do you have on the go at the moment?

@Blackie one day, unfortunately apartment living these days. So no space or time to wedge it somewhere out of reach of little ones.
So it's the local and major stores to purchase my liquor.
Have been very impressed by the small scale serious setups we have seen so far. Very jealous too.

@Blackie see if you can age that in a Manuka barrel - there's a distillery on Waiheke Island with a full barrel of Whiskey which is due for bottling now. Was aged in there 4 years. I had a dram straight from the barrel at 3.45 yrs and it was already magnificent.

I have a nice Weizen bubbling away in the fermentation fridge..... it's been there for 8 days now and almost ready for kegging (gravity is almost stable and looking like it will end up at about 1010).

nothing much at the moment but i have 50 litres of tpw nearly ready to run through the reflux. once thats done i have a bunch of mollasses sitting here to do a rum for one of my mates that loves bundy. not sure if i should bother with the molasses and running the pot or if i should just make up a caramel syrup to add to some tpw for him which would probably be closer to bundy for him.

nothing much at the moment but i have 50 litres of tpw nearly ready to run through the reflux. once thats done i have a bunch of mollasses sitting here to do a rum for one of my mates that loves bundy. not sure if i should bother with the molasses and running the pot or if i should just make up a caramel syrup to add to some tpw for him which would probably be closer to bundy for him.
Don't forget to add some bandaids for that nasty medicinal taste to bundy.