Alcohol free aftershave

Rethinking it all now. Had it looking better but then the scent wouldn't stick. So I have ordered an emulsifier and doing a retrial.
Balm will likely to be released next week how ever.

Has an emulsifier in it already but it wasn't strong enough with the coconut oil.
Sorry, I didn't really mean to suggest you should second-guess yourself. Just tell me to fuck off and mind my own business next time... :facepalm::p

Have you tried a solubiliser instead? Given you're not dealing with high amounts of fragrance oils, the end result should not be as milky.

Emulsifiers work better when you're dealing with larger oil molecules, hence it's prolific use in foods e.g. mayonaise is an emulsion of oil, egg and vinegar.

Hmm... mayo aftershave anyone?

TLDR below, but here's the link where this is from https://formulabotanica.com/solubiliser-vs-emulsifier/

Screen-Shot-2021-11-30-at-10-28-23-am.png

Have you tried a solubiliser instead? Given you're not dealing with high amounts of fragrance oils, the end result should not be as milky.

Emulsifiers work better when you're dealing with larger oil molecules, hence it's prolific use in foods e.g. mayonaise is an emulsion of oil, egg and vinegar.

Hmm... mayo aftershave anyone?

TLDR below, but here's the link where this is from https://formulabotanica.com/solubiliser-vs-emulsifier/

Screen-Shot-2021-11-30-at-10-28-23-am.png
wonder if someone could do a
Maccas aftershave to match that KFC sunblock

It's very good balm. I have been testing the 2 formulas for a while, the Vegan one was much better.
Sounds good, at least there’s not much in there to react with anyones skin, everytime I shave my son asks for balm too so at least it’ll be safer for him as well.
I’ll have to make up for the vegan formula though and have steak on those nights

If I wear it will it make me freak out when I get to the meat section of the supermarket? :LOL:
You never know, might make you avoid the meat section altogether.

In all seriousness though, I chose the Vegan formula purely for the way it felt on the skin. The other option was a Tallow one that just felt a little too oily on the skin.

Last edited:
You never know, might make you avoid the meat section altogether.

In all seriousness though, I chose the Vegan formula purely for the way it felt on the skin. The other option was a Tallow one that just felt a little too oily on the skin.

Interesting.. i will have to try a balm also.. Biggest reason i dont and prefer splashes is due to the 'oily' feeling on the skin..

will the splashes have the same scent strength as the balms? i'll grab one of each when the splashes are ready

Yes same strength. Both are available on the website now...

awesome.. i checked just before and they were not there.. now what to do ? lol

i have never really been into balms so was just thinking of picking up two splashes to match the soaps i got but before I do can you explain to me the difference between the splash and balm? not ingredients on how its made etc but more so on the difference on face feel after application of each?

like does the balm give you something the splash doesnt? and vice versa

awesome.. i checked just before and they were not there.. now what to do ? lol

i have never really been into balms so was just thinking of picking up two splashes to match the soaps i got but before I do can you explain to me the difference between the splash and balm? not ingredients on how its made etc but more so on the difference on face feel after application of each?

like does the balm give you something the splash doesnt? and vice versa

Thank you @neongas, took the words right out of my mouth.