Ali Express

What is it a copy of?

What is it a copy of?
At first glance I thought it might be a copy of the Colibri (the handle is similar) but there are clear differences with the head. Who knows, maybe they actually came up with something of their own? :unsure:

Innovation by copying.:mad:
Somehow, they never seem to be able to make a good enough job of copying to come up with any product that actually works as well as the original.

If the razor is indeed CNC machined as claimed, it shouldn't have been too hard to spend an hour or so taking measurements from an original to get a decent starting point.

That is a blatant rip-off of designs from Blackland, Timeless and Karve.

Innovation by copying.:mad:
BINGO!!! Well spotted Sherlock Holmes and you’ve also missed RazoRock as well.

That’s why I stay away from Aliexpress and I would rather buy the original razors from the original designers.

This one looks very close to a Muhle R41 head click here bloody blatant rip-off

Hff19ff1b49c54ed5a7005fcb840b22b2q.jpg

The DSCosmetic D8 is 'inspired' by the Razorock .68 Gamechanger.

The DSCosmetic S9 is 'inspired' by the Razorock .84 Gamechanger.

And I say inspired, because the notches on the side of the base plate and the different cap shapes differ it from the RR offerings. Wasn't the RR GC a copy of the Wolfman Guerilla? At least DSC can keep their razors in stock unlike IB. I'm waiting for the titanium S9 to be available myself. I believe the T7 is based on the RR Mamba 70.

The handle is 'inspired' by Karve, but the knurling is completely different in feel.