Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
... Canberra of course!

Not only do we have the latest (and undoubdtedly greatest) Mensbiz store (http://www.mensbiz.com.au/retail-stores.html) but that icon of shaving history, Truefitt & Hill are opening their first Australian store here!

@tullfan noticed a sign in a shop window in Braddon and I found this advert for a Senior Barber -

'Truefitt & Hill is recognised as London's finest traditional gentlemen's barber and perfumer. Since 1805, the oldest barbershop in the world has provided only the best in grooming products and services, giving the discerning gentleman an opportunity to look and feel his very best.

Truefitt & Hill outlets are located all over the world and the Truefitt & Hill outlet in Canberra is to be the first in Australia.' (emphasis mine)

So there you go @lerenau, @Ferret619 and @stillshunter - Canberra is the shaving centre of Australia!

Last edited:
... Canberra of course!

Not only do we have the latest (and undoubdtedly greatest) Mensbiz store (http://www.mensbiz.com.au/retail-stores.html) but that icon of shaving history, Truefitt & Hill are opening their first Australian store here!

@tullfan noticed a sign in a shop window in Braddon and I found this advert for a Senior Barber -

'Truefitt & Hill is recognised as London's finest traditional gentlemen's barber and perfumer. Since 1805, the oldest barbershop in the world has provided only the best in grooming products and services, giving the discerning gentleman an opportunity to look and feel his very best.

Truefitt & Hill outlets are located all over the world and the Truefitt & Hill outlet in Canberra is to be the first in Australia.'

So there you go @lerenau, @Ferret619 and @stillshunter - Canberra is the shaving centre of Australia!

Well of course it is!!! The federal government has been shaving money off us for generations!

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion ;)

Obviously couldn't decide to start in Sydney or Melbourne and went the middle option.
Unfortunately unaware that distances between cities in OZ don't translate like English cities.

Guess the next Canberra meet will be a full house including yours truly. Was getting sick of Balmain anyways :LOL:

Great news for Canberra!!

Never tried a trufitt and hill anything... might need too

Just checked the Mensbiz Canberra store online. Looks like a duty free shop at the airport. Hopefully tax free, considering it is Canberra (i.e. not a state of Australia) :facepalm:

However this news has encouraged me to get a Barber shave. I think with November coming a beard might be an option with a shaved other lip.
So I'm still lazy shaving and can get a full cut throat experience when the beard comes off. :woot:

One visit, ONE visit and look what happens!
All it took to bring a touch of class ;)

Do we know when Mensbiz is due to open? I haven't been able to find a date and it's been aaaaages.

what is Canberra?
Never heard that world before xP
The beacon of civil Australian society, responsibilitie for governing the rest of the country aka the wild lands.

Plus we got whores.