Alpha Claymore Evolution road trip: anyone interested?

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
A year or so ago, I sent my RR Hawk V3 off on an extended trip for anyone interested to try out, and I think the exercise was a success. So in the same spirit, I propose to send out my Alpha Claymore Evolution Artist Club single edge razor for everyone here to try if they want to. It's not getting enough use here, so I won't miss it. All you have to do is say "I'm in", and I'll send it off to the first on the list in this thread. When you're done with it, post it to the next name on the list, and so on. I have no time restrictions in mind, so take as long as you like to get to know it, particularly since it's quite a different experience to a DE, and the blades last a long time.

I bought this one as head only, so it will come with a Windrose K2 SS handle. I'll also include some samples of what blades I still have here, which are Schick Proline, Kai Captain Titan Mild (PINK) and Feather Professional Super.

1.png

I am in too mate, thanks for your generosity

got a chance to try out a hawk OC v3 thanks to @Holiday but and a titanium vector thanks to @Razor Burn was left a little underwhelmed by both.. but you never know will the claymore win me over???
Hmmm, if you're underwhelmed by the Vector, there might be no hope for you. :ROFLMAO: But maybe I'm wrong, so feel free to join in by all means. Given that you still go in for your R41 shaves, you might well get along happily with the Claymore and a Pro Super blade. It definitely gives a lot more "presence" to the razor.

Hmmm, if you're underwhelmed by the Vector, there might be no hope for you. :ROFLMAO: But maybe I'm wrong, so feel free to join in by all means. Given that you still go in for your R41 shaves, you might well get along happily with the Claymore and a Pro Super blade. It definitely gives a lot more "presence" to the razor.

I didnt mind the vector but was put off by the lightness of the Titanium, I like my razors with a bit of weight on them so the SS would of been a better one to try. The hawk OC was ok but found the OC a little rough, should of gone in for the SB version when it was making its way around Australia :)

I didnt mind the vector but was put off by the lightness of the Titanium, I like my razors with a bit of weight on them so the SS would of been a better one to try. The hawk OC was ok but found the OC a little rough, should of gone in for the SB version when it was making its way around Australia :)
Well, here's your chance to try something similar (but IMO better). ;) The Claymore is a lot less fussy about blades than the Hawk SB with standard plate.

Although I do love the Sabre, the SS Vector is the razor I'd run back into a burning building for. I briefly considered getting a Ti version as well, but decided against it, since the stainless one is already plenty light enough.
I'd only run back in for an heirloom razor with some history but I get what you mean, must be good!

You didn't like the vector? I've never tried one but everyone bloody raves about them :unsure:

I reckon what put me off was the weight, felt like I was holding a disposable cartridge. This is a very slim and sleek razor, so no much material to start with add Ti to it and too light and fake feeling in the hand for me.

The other big difference was the way both felt when shaving, felt like I was raking my face instead of shaving.

If I do get into SE I might order a SS Vector, or who knows if I get on with the claymore...

A year or so ago, I sent my RR Hawk V3 off on an extended trip for anyone interested to try out, and I think the exercise was a success. So in the same spirit, I propose to send out my Alpha Claymore Evolution Artist Club single edge razor for everyone here to try if they want to. It's not getting enough use here, so I won't miss it. All you have to do is say "I'm in", and I'll send it off to the first on the list in this thread. When you're done with it, post it to the next name on the list, and so on. I have no time restrictions in mind, so take as long as you like to get to know it, particularly since it's quite a different experience to a DE, and the blades last a long time.

I bought this one as head only, so it will come with a Windrose K2 SS handle. I'll also include some samples of what blades I still have here, which are Schick Proline, Kai Captain Titan Mild (PINK) and Feather Professional Super.

1.png
Incredibly generous of you to offer this for pass around and since I've been sitting on the fence about getting one myself why not try before you buy - so count me in! (y)

No need for blades as I'm covered but look forward to seeing how this one compares to the Hawk and Stando Polska as very similar designs...

You didn't like the vector? I've never tried one but everyone bloody raves about them :unsure:
I'll admit the Ti version is basically the weight of a cart so can be off putting to somebody who's used to heavier DE razors.

Certainly better grabbing a Vector SS as super easy and efficient shaves!