1. Thanks to your likes, our facebook page now has 25 likes and our own special URL - We now have a https://www.facebook.com/paste.and.cut. Please remember to invite your friends both to the forums and our page.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TAPATALK

Members are advised that Tapatalk access to Paste and Cut is now officially deprecated and is targeted for removal from April 30, 2017. Please see the full announcement at the notice thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Am i missing something here?

Discussion started by boldsworth, Feb 7, 2017.

1. boldsworth

boldsworth Member

Calling out to the collectors/historians/curators.
    A recent auction has me stumped. Does the 'stamped G' really make it that much more valuable or is there something else about this razor that i am missing? There doesn't seem to be a clear consensus about what the stamp means anyway. Might have to check all my razors a bit closer...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...034-Stamp-Safety-Razor-Complete-/162374163985

2. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Seriously @Mark1966 is probably going to get a 100% return in investment within 10 years if he ever liquidates....

I think it is the general jump in prices for the older stuff as people start grabbing them. I used to get nice condition Fatboys posted from the US for about $30 during the GFC....

boldsworth likes this.
  3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

G stamp increases collectiblility as uncommon, British Patent information on box increases collectiblility as uncommon - especially for cashed up Yanks. Overall a nice set but that bid history looks a little sus to me.

The 'winner' has only bid on 2 items in the last 30 days including 20 bids on this item from early on right through to the end. Mind you - 2 and 3 seemed to really want it and where battling each other.

These people are never around when I'm selling @Monsta_AU unfortunately ...

4. boldsworth

boldsworth Member

Thanks @Mark1966 , i didn't notice the information of the box. Nor did i check the bid history. Does seem a little odd. It is a pretty cool set but amazes me that someone would pay anywhere near that much

5. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Yeah I would have thought around $US100 would have been a fair price - but it has been a while since I've been buying.

Notice that the highest bid by anybody with feedback of more than 100 (somebody who has purchased a BIT in the last 30 days too) was ... $US77

6. Sxot

Sxot Member

If ebay were a genuine auction site the end time would be exteded every time there was a bit in the last 60 seconds.

@Monsta_AU same is happening in SR's, especially in the last 6 months. $30 for a nice Bengall early 2016, you're looking at $80-$100 now. Same right across the range and up into the top end stuff. I have got to say, the thought of selling and making a tidy profit has occurred to me more than once but once they are gone, they are gone. Not sure I am ready to let go but in reality what's the point in just keeping them around? I do use them though.

todras likes this.
  7. Mark1966

Which would really change the game and, possibly, disadvantage us Down Under. Yes I know if you just put your highest bid in and walk away it should all even out but given human nature I can imagine those awake towards the close paying just a little more ...