Animal Hair Brushes????

i have a few soaps around i dont mind getting into, so will give it another try tomorrow with more loading and a good soak before use. I have quite happy with the badger in every way, feels great, lathers quite easily and makes a really nice lather. The only thing at this stage i am not sold on is the 'hogging' of the lather.

Will give this another try tomorrow with a lot more loading of the soap and see what happens.. I can see myself chewing a shit load of soap with this badger!!!
Load it like you hate the soap, okay 👌 don’t be shy, just load the bastard soap like HELL!!!

giphy.gif

Based on this, my Paladin must not yet be broken in. I'll have to rectify this, but had concern about using it during the colder months as it may not dry fully and stay slightly damp. Not that i'd use it daily anyway, but is twice a week still okay in winter? I recall someone said they packed away their badger's for winter...
TBH I have never heard this - and it sounds to me like nonsense...not using your badger when it is cold???

But you are absolutely right, the knot should fully dry. I just stick my pinky into the middle of the knot - if it is dry there, for me the brush is good to go

The badger felt great it has a nice soft and more 'real' feel to it (sorry hard to describe) but i found it didnt 'release' the soap like my yaqi synthetics do. By the third pass i had hardly any lather going onto my face but the brush itself had a load of lather in it, which i found out by squeezing it out with my hands.

I use a badger and face lather. @astinus4 suggested a painting motion and I find this moves the lather off the brush and creates a slicker lather.

FTFM fixed that for myself

I use a boar and face lather. @astinus4 suggested a painting motion and I find this moves the lather off the brush and creates a slicker lather.

I do have a few brushes for sale atm!

lathered up with the yaqi badger again today, really starting to like this brush.. loaded the brush for 30 seconds with tabac original and had enough lather for 3 passes no problem

still breaking in the boar..

out of curiosity, what would a 30 second load be considered? large or small load of the brush?

lathered up with the yaqi badger again today, really starting to like this brush.. loaded the brush for 30 seconds with tabac original and had enough lather for 3 passes no problem

still breaking in the boar..

out of curiosity, what would a 30 second load be considered? large or small load of the brush?
Load it until it looks divine on the brush and will make a shirt tonne of lathery goodness...

yeah i did it till i thought but was just curious to know how long people out there load their brushes for
I never time my loading, but once loaded, i dip the brush tips in some water and keep swirling on the puck for some more time.

I don't look at the clock - but try something like 3-5 min with water adding to it ~every 30 sec ;)