Another Canberran!

Discussion started by Timmy Dee, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LukehGee

LukehGee Member

Welcome Timmy Dee(y)

2. Arnold J Rimmer

Arnold J Rimmer Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail Artisan Producer

Finish the quote:

"And the rest of the country suffers for it!" :cry: :arghh: :banghead:

Oh Yeah.... Welcome to the site, Tim!

3. Snooze

Snooze Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

4. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

So? Is there a problem? ;)

5. Scotty

Scotty Member 2018 Sabbatical

Greetings @Timmy Dee :)

September 12th 1986: Edinburgh Playhouse..... Lost count how many times since then ~ not as many as Slayer though, who are still pumping out the good stuff :)

When I'm really, really old I plan on scaring the bejesus out of all the young aged care nurses by playing loud 80's metal and using my Zimmer frame for headbanging support :) :) :)

6. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

WOWOWOOWOW - really jealous...would have loved to seem them in those days...my first one was Sep.1991 in Graz, they opened for AC/DC :D

The Kerry King band announced their farewell tour for this year...for me Slayed died with Jeff :(

Razor Burn and Scotty like this.
  7. Scotty

I too was gutted when Jeff passed away...... still listen to them everyday though: Repentless is almost as good as the early days :)

I was pretty sad too when Dave Lombardo got a bit wishy-washy and decided to leave/return/leave....

I have drumsticks from Dave and plectrums from Jeff and Kerry... All safely stashed at my mum's place back in the UK.

Ahhhh.... the good old days (before internet) of queuing up overnight for concert tickets, the banter, the beer, the music! Who else was there? Iron Maiden, ACDC, Megadeth, Motorhead, Metallica, Anthrax, Testament, Slayer.... loads more!

Razor Burn and alfredus like this.
  8. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer

9. Timmy Dee

Timmy Dee Member

Cheers Benjamin. The three that I use most often are my Merkur Futur (my daily shave atm), the Merkur 39C Slanthammer, and the MMOC.

Yeah it's good to hear that the meetups are still happening at Tilleys.

Geez 65 times! That's epic. I am still in single figures - I think eight.

Besides the razors listed above, I alternate my software up a LOT; I have a tennis racquet bag full just of soaps that I've collected over the years.
    Currently pressed in my shaving bowl is a combination of SMN shaving cream and Trumpers Coconut, but I've also been using Stirling Glacial on the stinking hot mornings, Queen Charlotte Soaps Basilica, and Tiki Go West.

Yeah Slayer's quality is still up there. Sadly Metallica's newer stuff hasn't really come close to recapturing their old form. I still need to grab Machine Head's latest, but I've heard less than glowing reviews. I'm super keen for the new Judas Priest and Monster Magnet albums coming soon, too.

Scotty, alfredus, lerenau and 2 others like this.
  10. Timmy Dee

Timmy Dee Member

Thanks for all the welcomes, fellas. I look forward to spending a LOT of time on here when I really should be working :D

Razor Burn, Snooze and Mark1966 like this.
  11. Dale.Whiley

Dale.Whiley Active Member 2017 Sabbatical

12. Scotty

Geez.... Last time I would have listened to Judas Priest would have been years and years ago, would have probably had either Accept or Saxon on the other side of the cassette lol :)

Did you ever see the series of documentaries "Metal Evolution" I think it was called.... memories will come flooding back!!! I think it was on SBS a few years ago, could be in their online archives.

13. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

You guys and your rock n roll, we are more Clearwater revival here okay?

14. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

Saw John Fogerty once opening for Tina Turner...

15. Timmy Dee

Timmy Dee Member

Anyone here in the Berra notice that Cradle of Filth are playing @ Academy in May?!?!
    I mean, I kinda understand Satyricon shoehorning themselves into Transit, cos it's fairly alternative already, but Academy????
    That blows my tiny mind.

16. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Sorry, can you explain?

I cut this and pasted into Google translator but that was no help

lerenau and Nightguard like this.
  17. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

That is wild, TBH I don’t get to academy often, I’m not regularly in the market for a spiked drink or a stolen car stereo

18. Nico

Nico Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

G'day all. Local bloke as well.

19. Mark1966

Local as in Canberran?

Kaeckerut likes this.