Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
This time from Gillette - http://gillette.com/en-us/gillette-fusion-proshield-razor

GIL_US-EN_DT_436_Coming-Soon_03.jpg

Proshield lubrication BEFORE and after the blades!

Also available be COOLING TECHNOLOGY - presumably for menth heads like @borked and @eggbert :)

Hang on - what 'technology' could be involved in the cooling?

Peltier junction! The battery probably needs to be a bit bigger for it to have any useful effect though.

Had to look that up ;)

You are right though. Maybe this could be the NEXT big 'improvement' ...

Do you think Gillette are worried about the resurgence in wet shaving?
I have been speaking with multiple people about wet shaving.
I had a 17 year old in my store last week who bought a set out of interest.
I had an ~85 year old man in my store today, He still uses his streight daily. (Apparently the soap maker who made his soap died 15 years ago. He bought the recipe off the mans wife for $500. He has been making his own soap for 15 years.)

I had an ~85 year old man in my store today, He still uses his streight daily. (Apparently the soap maker who made his soap died 15 years ago. He bought the recipe off the mans wife for $500. He has been making his own soap for 15 years.)

Proctor & Gamble, owners of Gillette brand, purchased Art of Shaving from memory - they have a finger in many pies ...

Wow! I can only hope that recipe is not lost when he passes on! Did you ask for a sample!?

I don't think they are worried. Marketing 101 states that you have to constantly re-invent a product to keep it alive. Just look at Coke with it's variations every year or some. If it's not new, it gets lost from the front of folks mind and sales go down.

He said he would make me one out of his next batch. He is on his last tub. I don't want to know what the recipe would be worth now... $500 15 years ago... Like $4500 now? He had said something about sandalwood shea and coconut... Will have to see, Didn't really want to sniff his face.
The art of shaving was a website?

He said he would make me one out of his next batch. He is on his last tub. I don't want to know what the recipe would be worth now... $500 15 years ago... Like $4500 now? He had said something about sandalwood shea and coconut... Will have to see, Didn't really want to sniff his face.
The art of shaving was a website?

Woo, sounds nice. Sandalwood, Shea butter, Coconut oil... all good stuff.

Art of Shaving is an online shop & chain store. http://www.theartofshaving.com/

There's always a thread within a thread...

Because we Paste AND Cut - or something like that.

Anyway - BOT!!!

A 9 layer thread?
A thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread, Inside a thread?