Another Melbournian

jmu8628

Hi All,

I am nearing the end of my 5th decade and a little over a year ago I made a return to D.E shaving after having spent around 25 years in the cartridge razor wilderness. Glad to be back and very much enjoying my morning shaves which were such a chore back in the cartridge days.

My morning ritual involves applying some American Crew pre-shave oil, face lathering with one of my favourite soaps which include Mike’s coconut, B&M Seville, PAA Cavendish and Caties Bubbles PVV (Love the scent) using one of my Semogue boar brushes or my Semogue O.C badger. I then reach for my Mercur 34c loaded with a Kai blade or my Maggard V3 head fitted with an Ikon bulldog handle. To finish things off I use Thayers witch hazel topped off with either Proraso Blue, Soap Commander Integrity or Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post Shave balm.

Although I’ve acquired quite a few shaving items over the last year I do believe I’ve tamed my RAD. Having said that I do still lust after a Wolfman S.B razor (Polished stainless version). If only I could convince my wife and my bank manager that it’s a good investment and of course, if only I could get on the waiting list.:cry:

Joined this forum to chat with like-minded people, to learn more about shaving in general and in particular to learn about good quality Australian made products. Would like to support the local industry where I can.

Look forward to conversing with you,

Cheers.

Hi @jmu8628 and welcome!

Sounds like you have really gotten yourself sorted out kit wise in a very short space of time - impressive :)

Good quality Aussie products? You have come to the right place, that is for sure.

@Anthony is re-starting Shaver Heaven - great Aussie soaps to keep an eye out for

@SchoolForAnts recently launched his Squadron Soap website with a very cool range of soaps

@todras who crafts a wonderful range of Australian Private Reserve balms and splashes has now teamed up with @Sxot to be releasing a range of soaps really soon now, with great reviews on the test batch.

Our good friend Con, @shavetheman, is the driving force behind The Stray Whisker with a great range of international artisan products available locally and Juan, @Gifts&Care.com, provides great service from Spain with a wide range of products too at his website.

Both Will, @Barrister & Mann, and Kerry, @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau from Barrister & Mann and Phoenix & Beau respectively pop in occasionally too - and produce great products ll

and not to forget @Tony Forsyth at TF Custom Shaving Brushes who produced the recent P&C Limited Edition run of 25, and does some truly great custom work.

Hmmm, when I think about it like this - we are VERY spoilt here (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Hi @jmu8628 and welcome!

Sounds like you have really gotten yourself sorted out kit wise in a very short space of time - impressive :)

Good quality Aussie products? You have come to the right place, that is for sure.

@Anthony is re-starting Shaver Heaven - great Aussie soaps to keep an eye out for

@SchoolForAnts recently launched his Squadron Soap website with a very cool range of soaps

@todras who crafts a wonderful range of Australian Private Reserve balms and splashes has now teamed up with @Sxot to be releasing a range of soaps really soon now, with great reviews on the test batch.

Our good friend Con, @shavetheman, is the driving force behind The Stray Whisker with a great range of international artisan products available locally and Juan, @Gifts&Care.com, provides great service from Spain with a wide range of products too at his website.

Both Will, @Barrister & Mann, and Kerry, @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau from Barrister & Mann and Phoenix & Beau respectively pop in occasionally too - and produce great products ll

Hmmm, when I think about it like this - we are VERY spoilt here (y)(y)(y)

and not to forget @Tony Forsyth at TF Custom Shaving Brushes who produced the recent P&C Limited Edition run of 25, and does some truly great custom work.

Hi @jmu8628 and welcome!

Sounds like you have really gotten yourself sorted out kit wise in a very short space of time - impressive

Thanks @Mark1966. A fair amount of trial and error involved combined with a bit of luck in finding the right advice/recomendations that worked for me. Still scope for improvement though.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard @jmu8628 - sounds like you're well and truly up and running on your own. We can help you run (and spend) aven faster !!! See @Mark1966 post for some great Aussie suppliers and members of P&C.

Welcome to P&C @jmu8628 - good to have you here and you have a great line-up (y)

Welcome aboard @jmu8628 - you have found a great Forum. Lots of great info, humour and the odd vigorous debate.
Enjoy!