another noob

beerhog

2019 Charity Auction Winner
hi guys just found this forum so signed up and thought to say hi an introduce myself. been on the wet shave journey for a few months now after spending most of my life wearing a beard due to hating shaving from the severe razor burn i got anytime i used cartridge razors. seen d e shaving come up on a brewing forum of all places and thought why not give it a go. started out with a laser 3d edwin jagger razor and tsw badger brush and a lone tub of captains choice bay rum soap. that didnt last long i bought another brush and then more soaps and another razor the 6s. so now i have several techs as well as an old and an aristocrat razor it gets contagious this shaving thing. my fave razor now though is the 6s on 5 with feather blades thanks to my facial hair being like wire nothing else seems to do the job as smoothly and now instead of cringing when i shave i look forward to it each morning now all the irritation and pain is no longer present after im finished.

...instead of cringing when i shave i look forward to it each morning now all the irritation and pain is no longer present after im finished.

Music to our ears! Certainly a common story.

Sounds like you are off to a good start with the kit - keep an eye open here on the B/S/T for some great deals too

Welcome mate! It's a great thing to enjoy something you used to hate. What's your go to soap at the moment? (that one that you couldn't do without)

for pure performance and how close a shave it gives me without irritation i like the mwf but im not huge on the fragrance. the other one im liking is the black ship grooming co blackbeard. not as smooth a shave as mwf but still very good and i just love the scent. ask me next week though and it will probably be something else again lol.

Hey @beerhog ,
I had a beard for years as well, due to cartridge razors. Wish I'd worked this out ages ago!
Sounds like a good collection you've got going already. How good is the 6S!

my favourite razor so far. im yet to give myself a nick with it even on six although i usually keep it on five cause it shaves just as well but is that bit smoother.i recon once the new adjustable model comes out ill grab one of those as well if the reviews are favorable.

Welcome @beerhog - great to have you here and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time at P&C (y)

What about brush department - any favourites?

Welcome @beerhog - great to have you here and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time at P&C (y)

What about brush department - any favourites?
only got the two a tsw badger and an edwin jagger badger so not much to chose from but prefer the edwin jagger one mainly cause its a bit smaller. i would like to try something a little stiffer than those 2 though so any suggestions for something under 100 bucks that would be a bit stiffer would be appreciated.im completely out of my depth on this but was thinking a boar brush might be the way to go?

only got the two a tsw badger and an edwin jagger badger so not much to chose from but prefer the edwin jagger one mainly cause its a bit smaller. i would like to try something a little stiffer than those 2 though so any suggestions for something under 100 bucks that would be a bit stiffer would be appreciated.im completely out of my depth on this but was thinking a boar brush might be the way to go?

Synth from @Tony_Forsyth :) though might be worth waiting a week