Another "what is this...." question.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Yeah, I know...I have 4 razors now, but this Gillette looks 'interesting'.
Probably too dear anyway, but it does have that elusive 'upside down base plate' that everyone hopes to find (very rare!).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-collectables/other/auction-1467254457.htm

Thanks for any info/advice.
I know I can get a new Parker 62R for 1/2 that asking price, and the Parker is said to be all brass so maybe?
Just wanted a 'cheapy' to throw in the truck for the nights away from home (but still has to be a 'real' razor).

Lol.. very rare :LOL: see them alot.
If you are going to get a razor for bash around purposes then still consider zinc alloy (zalmak). Usually cheaper and once it is broken, keep the handle and bin the head.

This razor ebayer store gives I good idea of pricing and conditions. Also sells new stuff like pearl razors which are rated well.
Another is Fatip, solid brass and then chromed.

Another good throw away razor with weight are the futur adjustable clones, namely qshave and MingShi.

I have a acevivi and the head is too mild so don't bother with them.

Funnily enough Ferret I do own a ball-end Tech, and it's what I currently take away.
It's in great condition, and came in a nice set with leather case, etc.
I'm using it, but don't really want to stuff it up or damage it.
Yes, RustyBlade a Fatip would be OK for my use. Good thinking that man!
Thanks guys.

Funnily enough Ferret I do own a ball-end Tech, and it's what I currently take away.
It's in great condition, and came in a nice set with leather case, etc.
I'm using it, but don't really want to stuff it up or damage it.
Yes, RustyBlade a Fatip would be OK for my use. Good thinking that man!
Thanks guys.
Had I known ugh I had a spare, I gave away a couple of days ago.

No sweat Ferret.
I will find something. Maybe I should stop mucking about and just get a Timeless?
The new Mamba may have to do yet. It's fairly solid, and even after a 13 hour day it will be hard to cut myself with it.
Having said that, the Mamba with a Feather gives a great shave.
It 'feels' to be about the same as the Fatboy set on '6'.

No sweat Ferret.
I will find something. Maybe I should stop mucking about and just get a Timeless?
The new Mamba may have to do yet. It's fairly solid, and even after a 13 hour day it will be hard to cut myself with it.
Having said that, the Mamba with a Feather gives a great shave.
It 'feels' to be about the same as the Fatboy set on '6'.
For me personally when I’m traveling I just want an easy shave so 9.9999999/10 times it’s for business, so something easy is great, I have a soluna I was gifted and honestly it’s not an exciting shave but I’ll be clean for what ever I’m doing.
Other thing is I like a three piece for traveling as it packs well But it can’t be of sentimental value as losing it is a risk, my tech for example was my dads so it stays here

Yes Ferret, an easy shave is the go.
I'm getting a tad tired by days end and can't be bothered with fiddling about. Just have a shower, grab the razor and the can of shave gel (sorry guys), and 2 minutes later I'm all ready for a meal and then to bed for another 3am start to get back home next day.
Ahhh, the joys of being retired and a tanker driver.
I should mention (if I haven't already) that I carry 26000 litres of cider each trip.
Wahoo...party truck!

The New hasn't been used in a couple of weeks through no fault of it's own. But I do hear it calling to me...

Just an hour ago I decided it was time to break out the Tech! I'll fill you in tomorrow! :D

The New hasn't been used in a couple of weeks through no fault of it's own. But I do hear it calling to me...

Just an hour ago I decided it was time to break out the Tech! I'll fill you in tomorrow! :D
Get it together m8! I’m this close to confiscating that New.

Sorry borked, but it's a bit hard to drive across the Tasman Sea (I don't think the diff locks would be much help either).
@Blackie - Mate! Where is that famous Kiwi ingenuity?? Burt Munro would be rolling in his grave :ROFLMAO: