Any Head Shavers in here??? Calling Kojack, Elmer Fudd, Dr Evil, Lex Luthor etc!!!!

Nick the Knife

Krill Enabler
Grand Society
Gents...or ladies *shiver*...

Do we have anyone else in here who is channeling their inner Michael Jordan (I was a teen in the 80's) and shaves their head with their razors?

I do, have done so for I guess the past 5yrs or so. I'm 37 now and well amongst all the birthday cards my Grandfather gave me he also snuck the male pattern baldness gene in when I wasn't looking. Cheers Grandpa! :-/

Oh well thankfully I bagged a great looking girl before I moulted like a nervous Burmese at a Rottweiller convention and the kicker is that she seems to prefer this look to when I had hair. Jackpot baby!!!!

For several years I did just shave it with an electric trimmer back to #2 and then to zip (no comb) but I'd tried shaving completely with a razor on my honeymoon to the Cook Islands (lovely, go if you can!) but it was a complete PITA and I vowed not to do again anytime soon. In hindsight this was largely because I was using a disposable razor and a can of goo!

The biggest improvement I've found to shaving my head has been going with an open comb rather than a closed comb. This really enables me to chew through the hair and the whole thing is done really very quickly. I'll generally not worry about WTG/ATG etc but will do the whole thing with the Adams Open Comb and then clean up with whatever closed comb I have a blade in.

Works an absolute treat. I guess I redo it every 2 weeks or so......when it gets to around 5mm or so I think I tend to want to clean it up.

So do we have any other head shavers out there or am I the lone evil genius plotting to take over P&C??? *mad despotic laughter* :eek:mg:

Cheers, Nick

I shave my head periodically.....Damn MPB gene, and I'm only 24 :sad2: lol

Have been really lazy lately and just buzzing on no guard weekly.

I have used the DE for it a handful of times, just takes long time for me.

I should start back up again, however I feel if I take anymore time grooming my wife may kill me! I also like to do it everyday so it's super smooth.

Re: Any Head Shavers in here??? Calling Kojack, Elmer Fudd,...

I just use Wahl Afro balding clippers now. They get down to 0.4mm (or 0.35mm depending which spec sheet you read) which is about a 1 day stubble... quick job 3 or 4 times a week.

I used to have a mohawk for a little while, so I used to employ some Wahl clippers on No. 2 then without a comb to get it really close. I used to do it every 2 days, but I've rejoined society though. It won't be long until I have to start shaving all of it though, MPB is coming for me too.

I used to have a mohawk for a little while

A legit mohawk eh? Thats a BIG call....haha when you go into the barber and he says,"What do you want?" And you reply asking for that its the proverbial 'balls-out' move. I mean really once you have a mohawk I'd imagine you have to BUILD/TAPER your entire life etc around it....I'd imagine you'd have to change your music collection (gotta lose that easy listenin' stuff)....obviously your wardrobe needs a complete do over......and I'd imagine you'd have to take the whole body language to the right sphere, being laid back and chillin' just isn't going to work....you'd have to channel your inner 'Drubbing'. ;-)

Were you a pro-athlete or special forces soldier at the time? ;-)

Just joshing, seriously how long ago? And how old were you at the time? How long was the centre hair and what did you do with it? e.g gelled up or coloured? Haha whenever I see any of your posts from now on I'm going to end up picturing a Sid Vicious/Mad Max extra writing them up! :)

, MPB is coming for me too.

Although slightly off topic (so whats new at P&C) I am pleased to say that despite passing my 6th decade I have a full head of hair and no grey to be seen. I get it cut about every 4 to 5 years and believe I can thank my Native American (or Canadian) ancestry for this (I mean did you ever see a picrture of a bald Indian? :) Just thought I pause here to drop that in to the converstaion.

Although slightly off topic (so whats new at P&C) I am pleased to say that despite passing my 6th decade I have a full head of hair and no grey to be seen. I get it cut about every 4 to 5 years and believe I can thank my Native American (or Canadian) ancestry for this (I mean did you ever see a picrture of a bald Indian? :) Just thought I pause here to drop that in to the converstaion.

Salt in the wounds fellas....thats salt in the wounds. ;-)

Haha not but seriously thats something I've often thought myself as there are several ethnic groups in the world that do not seem (based on the VERY limited sampling of them by myself....as in whatever I've seen in the media or real life) to suffer from male pattern baldness. Australian Aboriginals are another group I can't recall seeing this in.

I'd be certain that within a few yrs they'll isolate the genome responsible for this and some big drug co will develop a gene therapy pill or cream you have to use for the rest of your life to reverse things.

A legit mohawk eh? Thats a BIG call....haha when you go into the barber and he says,"What do you want?" And you reply asking for that its the proverbial 'balls-out' move. I mean really once you have a mohawk I'd imagine you have to BUILD/TAPER your entire life etc around it....I'd imagine you'd have to change your music collection (gotta lose that easy listenin' stuff)....obviously your wardrobe needs a complete do over......and I'd imagine you'd have to take the whole body language to the right sphere, being laid back and chillin' just isn't going to work....you'd have to channel your inner 'Drubbing'. ;-)

Were you a pro-athlete or special forces soldier at the time? ;-)

Just joshing, seriously how long ago? And how old were you at the time? How long was the centre hair and what did you do with it? e.g gelled up or coloured? Haha whenever I see any of your posts from now on I'm going to end up picturing a Sid Vicious/Mad Max extra writing them up! :)

I'd say it was legit, but that was an argument that happened all the time. It looked much like this:

69495746_2be32ced96.jpg

Mine was a bit more aggressively spiked and thicker across the top. I never went to the barber, I had my mate hack off the sides with some clippers and then spiked it up and cut it all to the same length with some scissors. I thought I was a real cool punk rocker. This was three or four years ago just after I came out of private school, when I was feeling all oppressed and ready to rebel against the man, man! I was already a scummy grunge kid so my wardrobe fit just fine, but people look at you different on the street when you look like a punk. I got pretty used to no one sitting next to me on the tram, or crossing the street rather than walking past me. It was great!

Sadly I wasn't an athlete or Rambo, I was worse! A musician...but at least I played some gigs. I was lucky enough to meet a girl who was a trainee hairdresser at some fancy place and was really good at bleaching and getting hair to stay up, so the 'hawk wound up bleached blonde and about four inches tall. It got to be a bit of an arduous task every time I went out though, between some waxy stuff called Muck and the hair spray and a bunch of time with a comb so I gave it up at the start of last year.

I had a great time feeling a badass for a few years, but sadly, people want to fight you and talk smack when you and your friends look like that. It all got a bit much so I gave it up and became a square. :laugh:

I've since rejoined society and now rock a fairly mundane business appropriate hairdo, I miss being scary lookin'.

Woooooo.....yup, thats definitely no fauxhawk. I'm guessing the band you were in wasn't some Kenny G/Burt Bacharach/Barry Manilow tribute group. Credit where its due thats a serious 'do'.

:)

I'm guessing the band you were in wasn't some Kenny G/Burt Bacharach/Barry Manilow tribute group.

You ever listen to that 70's band Little Feat? Just like that. We had a horn section and all sorts.

Last edited:
Went to one of the apps that takes your photo and let's you see what you'd look like Bald. For me it looked like a Big Thumb!!

Haha! Nice one Mong.

I always remember stopping to help a guy who's car had broken down early one morning on the way home from work.

Guy jumped in his car, locked the doors and refused to speak to me. Bemused I carried on my way.

Got home and realised that at 6'4", black trenchcoat, shaved head, combat boot's etc that the poor asian looking bloke had probably watched a bit much "Romper Stomper" in his time. Felt a bit bad that he probably had a genuine scare at 3am. The crazy things we do as youngsters.

Got home and realised that at 6'4", black trenchcoat, shaved head, combat boot's etc that the poor asian looking bloke had probably watched a bit much "Romper Stomper" in his time. Felt a bit bad that he probably had a genuine scare at 3am. The crazy things we do as youngsters.

Lol I remember doing something very similar getting off my motorbike one day.

I accidentally cut a guy off and we happened to be pulling into the same place. As I got off and walked overt to apologize he started to walk away ver quickly. Finally caught him and said sorry.

Then caught a glimpse of myself on the mirror, bike jacket, black jeans, shaved head, beard, 120 kgs..... Yep I would've run too!

Love my shiny dome. Would shave morning & night if I could get away with it.
e7yhazeb.jpg

Hello and welcome raulski. I think there are one or two head shavers here. If you like it that much you've got plenty of scope to increase the shave-able area.

That's is one very shiny dome. You could nearly see it from the moon I reckon!

Welcome to P&C.