Any wet shavin vapers?

RX200, Uwell Crown, 0.5 ohm SS coils, 9mg (30/70 pg:vg) Betelgeuse clone all running at 50w keeps me off the analogues :)

Fasttech has a sale on this weekend.... 10% off between 27th and 29th with code BUNNY

RX200, Uwell Crown, 0.5 ohm SS coils, 9mg (30/70 pg:vg) Betelgeuse clone all running at 50w keeps me off the analogues :)

Fasttech has a sale on this weekend.... 10% off between 27th and 29th with code BUNNY

Nice. I've been vaping for about 6 months and currently using an IPV D2 with a Subtank Mini, building kanthal coils at around 1 ohm @15w, mixing my own juice (50/50 pg/vg) at about 10ml mg/ml.

You building your own SS coils? using temp control? mixing your own juice?

I've considered building with other than kanthal but not really sure "why" yet. What I've been using works and tastes fine but I need to order more wire soon so thought about trying TI, NI, SS. The most I can find from reading is that the different wires have lower ohms(I think), better flavour and needed for TC. TC sounds nifty but not really sure I need it. I'm considered getting a new tank since the Subtank is v1 and doesn't seem the easiest to build on but having no experience with other tanks I'm not sure what to get. I've seen good things about the Uwell Crown.

Thanks for the Fasttech tip, I'll have a look for wire and stuff (y)

Nice. I've been vaping for about 6 months and currently using an IPV D2 with a Subtank Mini, building kanthal coils at around 1 ohm @15w, mixing my own juice (50/50 pg/vg) at about 10ml mg/ml.

You building your own SS coils? using temp control? mixing your own juice?

I've considered building with other than kanthal but not really sure "why" yet. What I've been using works and tastes fine but I need to order more wire soon so thought about trying TI, NI, SS. The most I can find from reading is that the different wires have lower ohms(I think), better flavour and needed for TC. TC sounds nifty but not really sure I need it. I'm considered getting a new tank since the Subtank is v1 and doesn't seem the easiest to build on but having no experience with other tanks I'm not sure what to get. I've seen good things about the Uwell Crown.

Thanks for the Fasttech tip, I'll have a look for wire and stuff (y)

I started vaping over 2 years ago.... not quite the earliest days but long enough ago that a brand new 30w box mod was costing well over $200 and a Chinese clone was running at about $100!!!

I was into mechanical mods, building my own coils, dripping, genesis atties and DIY juice.... after 6 months of dual use I was bored with all the associated hard work and the "ease "of real smoking saw me dropping off the vaping wagon :(

Just before Chinese New Year this year I saw an ozbargain post for 20% off Fasttech, a site I hadn't been to for 18 months!!! My interest was piqued at such a good deal so I investigated all the new gear..... far out, what a difference 18 months had made!!!

Sub-ohm clearos, 200W box mods (for less than fifty bucks!!!), Clapton coil on a reel ~ the world had changed in my absence!!!!!!

I did some research, bought up some good new gear for cheap in the CNY sale and waited for it to arrive..........

4 weeks now I've been completely off the stinkies, saved about $600 and am sooooooooooo proud of myself after being a heavy smoker for well over 30 years!!! Don't think I'll ever smoke again as I'm really enjoying all the new powerful gear without all the fuss that used to be associated with it :)

History lesson over..... back to the questions!
  • not bothering with DIY coils these days.... premade crown coils seem to last between 3 and 4 weeks so will cost me $10 for maybe 3/4 months of worry free vaping
  • TC.... one of the new things that happened in my absence. I haven't played with it yet ~ don't feel I need to as wattage mode is a good fit for me and where I'm at
  • DIY juice.... definitely!!! Vanillas and Creams give me a headache so I'm into fruity flavours. Betelgeuse clone for cheap is my all day vape with ecto-cooler not far behind :)

I started vaping over 2 years ago.... not quite the earliest days but long enough ago that a brand new 30w box mod was costing well over $200 and a Chinese clone was running at about $100!!!

I was into mechanical mods, building my own coils, dripping, genesis atties and DIY juice.... after 6 months of dual use I was bored with all the associated hard work and the "ease "of real smoking saw me dropping off the vaping wagon :(

Just before Chinese New Year this year I saw an ozbargain post for 20% off Fasttech, a site I hadn't been to for 18 months!!! My interest was piqued at such a good deal so I investigated all the new gear..... far out, what a difference 18 months had made!!!

Sub-ohm clearos, 200W box mods (for less than fifty bucks!!!), Clapton coil on a reel ~ the world had changed in my absence!!!!!!

I did some research, bought up some good new gear for cheap in the CNY sale and waited for it to arrive..........

4 weeks now I've been completely off the stinkies, saved about $600 and am sooooooooooo proud of myself after being a heavy smoker for well over 30 years!!! Don't think I'll ever smoke again as I'm really enjoying all the new powerful gear without all the fuss that used to be associated with it :)

History lesson over..... back to the questions!
  • not bothering with DIY coils these days.... premade crown coils seem to last between 3 and 4 weeks so will cost me $10 for maybe 3/4 months of worry free vaping
  • TC.... one of the new things that happened in my absence. I haven't played with it yet ~ don't feel I need to as wattage mode is a good fit for me and where I'm at
  • DIY juice.... definitely!!! Vanillas and Creams give me a headache so I'm into fruity flavours. Betelgeuse clone for cheap is my all day vape with ecto-cooler not far behind :)

Great to hear that you're 4 weeks off the stinkers! Been about 6 months here after smoking for about 30 years also. My wife initially did the research and found vaping because she hated me smoking. I'm sure glad she did :love:.

I hope that with the advancements in vape tech it'll be a year before there's a small combined mod/tank that you just dump juice into and not have to think about the rest (unless you want to play with settings and such).

Ordering anything during the Fasttech sale?

I've got waaaaaay too much in my fasttech cart mate..... it's sitting at about US$200 :)

UWELL RAFALE is top of the list..... with the new coils just released it's going to be a flavour monster!!!

Also looking at either a VTC mini, Tesla 60W, Cuboid or another RX200..... really struggling with this one as I think they're all great.

How did you go with your wire search??? Been tempted with anything else??? You have a green pass to spend up big on vape gear since it was the boss that got you into it :)

I've got waaaaaay too much in my fasttech cart mate..... it's sitting at about US$200 :)

UWELL RAFALE is top of the list..... with the new coils just released it's going to be a flavour monster!!!

Also looking at either a VTC mini, Tesla 60W, Cuboid or another RX200..... really struggling with this one as I think they're all great.

How did you go with your wire search??? Been tempted with anything else??? You have a green pass to spend up big on vape gear since it was the boss that got you into it :)

After doing some intensive research I've decided that the ipv d2 and the 2 subtank minis I have suit my needs, I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to hardware. I also have my old kanger subox mini as a back up, so don't really need another mod.

In my cart I have some kanthal (decided I'm not going to mess with TC yet), subtank seals and replacement purple glass, 4 drip tips and 2 styles of d2 covers. I've heard nothing but good about the VTC mini. and on the front page of Fasttech is a thingo saying that there is a 15% off coupon (Sunday the 27th only) for the VTC mini, have a look here. Tempting...

Got my cart down to just over AU$100 so not too bad.... White RX200 (3 battery capacity won the day!), Rafale and coils, spare crown glass tanks and a crown rba kit (for just incase!). Think I'm done with hardware purchases for a while now, 2 decent regulated battery mods and 3 subohm tanks for different juices - the only maintenance required is plugging in the mods to usb, refilling empty tanks and priming new coils - as close to the simplicity of sparking up a smoke as I can make it :)

I added the $2 auspost shipping option so hope it doesn't take too long.... at least I have a backup mod I'll be happy with ~ only really got my old mechs at home as a backup so would be really stuffed without regulated power for the clearos. I'd be really pi$$ed if I had to go back to mechs, coil and resistance calculators, testing builds on my ohm meter, etc - that malarkey is what put me back on the smokes!

I was thinking about the VTC mini last night.... HeavenGifts have a sale on too with similar prices :) I decided on the RX purely for the massive battery capacity..... days of vaping without worrying about running out of power and safer than carrying spare batteries in your pocket.

It's good grabbing these deals when you can, making sure you have the spare parts laying around and enough backup gear for emergencies is paramount to keeping up this newly found healthy lifestyle :)

Got my cart down to just over AU$100 so not too bad.... White RX200 (3 battery capacity won the day!), Rafale and coils, spare crown glass tanks and a crown rba kit (for just incase!). Think I'm done with hardware purchases for a while now, 2 decent regulated battery mods and 3 subohm tanks for different juices - the only maintenance required is plugging in the mods to usb, refilling empty tanks and priming new coils - as close to the simplicity of sparking up a smoke as I can make it :)

I added the $2 auspost shipping option so hope it doesn't take too long.... at least I have a backup mod I'll be happy with ~ only really got my old mechs at home as a backup so would be really stuffed without regulated power for the clearos. I'd be really pi$$ed if I had to go back to mechs, coil and resistance calculators, testing builds on my ohm meter, etc - that malarkey is what put me back on the smokes!

I was thinking about the VTC mini last night.... HeavenGifts have a sale on too with similar prices :) I decided on the RX purely for the massive battery capacity..... days of vaping without worrying about running out of power and safer than carrying spare batteries in your pocket.

It's good grabbing these deals when you can, making sure you have the spare parts laying around and enough backup gear for emergencies is paramount to keeping up this newly found healthy lifestyle :)

Neat-o, you must really like the form factor of the RX200 to get another. I have small hands and like the single 18650 mods so I splurged and got a red Evic VTC mini! Why?... I don't know, just wanted one I guess and like you said above, I'll have a backup mod that I'm happy with. I'll vape forward the kanger if I ever find anyone who wants to give it a try. With the low watts that I vape at, a single 18650 lasts about a day and a half. I use an Xtar VP2 charger and have 2 spare 18650s that I rotate through. It works pretty good so far and I haven't yet needed to carry a spare battery.

So my cart was about $140AU :eek:. Ended up getting a few other things we've been "needing" too like a Nitecore D4 battery charger, couple of SD cards and usb cables. Chucked in 2 more covers for the Evic and also got the $2 shipping thingy.

Sound logic to tailor your vape gear to fit your preferred way of convenience, and I agree completely about having the spare gear around to avoid any hiccups, anything to stay off the smokes! I (hopefully) have enough nic juice in my closet to last about a year ;).

Let me know if you ever need anything (juice, batteries etc.) and I'll try to help out. I'd hate to see someone go back to the cigs when I'm here with something they might need :D.

Yes, the RX is a good fit for me, quite heavy with the 3 x 18650's but perfect ergonomic size and button location for me without the rectangular corners....

The VTC will be good judging by the reviews and your vape style..... so many positives and recommendations from all the review sites I've visited.... I'd be forever changing the batteries running at 50~60w so think a 2 x 18650 config would be about as small as I could go.

Nitecore D4 is good, I have one too :) Bays 1&3 and 2&4 are paired so if you want a quick charge of 2 batts use 1&2 or 3&4, slower charging is better though...... you probably know all this already!

I was killing time earlier when it was raining..... ceramic coils and wicks are now being developed and put into production.... Your predictions of a fuss free solution may be a lot closer than a year, could possibly be within the next few months! Ceramics last for ages and help filter out impurities too so will be interesting to see what the Kangers, Innokins, Smok and other big boys can come up with.

Can't wait for all the new stuff to arrive, vapemail is the best!!! Will post some pictures once they arrive.

Let me know if you're getting low on supplies too, and that goes for anybody else reading this who may be interested on using vaping as a means to get off the smokes.... Don't be shy, speak up!

Vaping is a lot easier than going cold turkey and will massively increase your $$$ for that new stainless DE you were thinking about :)

Yes, the RX is a good fit for me, quite heavy with the 3 x 18650's but perfect ergonomic size and button location for me without the rectangular corners....

The VTC will be good judging by the reviews and your vape style..... so many positives and recommendations from all the review sites I've visited.... I'd be forever changing the batteries running at 50~60w so think a 2 x 18650 config would be about as small as I could go.

Nitecore D4 is good, I have one too :) Bays 1&3 and 2&4 are paired so if you want a quick charge of 2 batts use 1&2 or 3&4, slower charging is better though...... you probably know all this already!

I was killing time earlier when it was raining..... ceramic coils and wicks are now being developed and put into production.... Your predictions of a fuss free solution may be a lot closer than a year, could possibly be within the next few months! Ceramics last for ages and help filter out impurities too so will be interesting to see what the Kangers, Innokins, Smok and other big boys can come up with.

Can't wait for all the new stuff to arrive, vapemail is the best!!! Will post some pictures once they arrive.

Let me know if you're getting low on supplies too[...]

Vaping is a lot easier than going cold turkey and will massively increase your $$$ for that new stainless DE you were thinking about :)
I'm looking forward to the vtc and have also ordered some 316LSS to give tc a try. I didn't know that about the Nitecore, thanks (y).

Will be interesting times in vape tech soon I think! (as long as the gov't doesn't screw it up for us). I'll post some pics too, I have some "interesting" skins and stuff coming.
and that goes for anybody else reading this who may be interested on using vaping as a means to get off the smokes.... Don't be shy, speak up!

Absolutely! the benefits have outweighed the negatives for me so far :D. More than willing to help anyone curious.