Anyone recommend a nice cooling AS splash

StratMan

hey guys, today i went for an all menthol shave for the first time. Proraso Green pre-shave cream + katies bubbles mile high menthol. The shave and feeling were amazing, i really loved the feel of my face being wrapped by a sheet of ice cold glass during the shave.

was looking at getting a nice AS splash that would compliment that combo and continue to add that ice cool feeling

any suggestions?

I have Barrister and Mann Arctique and it certainly lives up to its name - not only does it freeze my face, but my eyes water for about 20 minutes after application.

I prefer a milder menthol hit (I hear my Darwin mate @eggbert choking in the background) - my favourites are Proraso Green and Alt Innsbruck.

Three menthol aftershaves in my stable currently:

* Proraso green (relatively mild)
* Aramis (relatively mild)
* APR Festivus (much stronger - perfect IMO)

Any splash you like plus menthol crystals to taste.

True story - at last years Darwin meetup @eggbert was explaining the benefits of adding this stuff to an existing aftershave. After a few minutes it occurred to us that it probably wasn't the smartest idea to have a loud conversation about 'crystal menth' in a small cafe with several uniformed police at nearby tables!

A handy addition to the medicine cabinet....

AemXuUg.jpg

If you can find Osage Rub, that's the most cooling AS I've used.
When I use Proraso Green pre-shave, Stirling Glacial soap, and Osage Rub, my eyes sting from the menthol vapours (that's largely the Glacial, though....cripes that sh*t is mentholated).

I notice the OP requested a nice, cooling AS. Not a freezing one!

Proraso Green fits that bill for me. Something about the eucalyptus combination that works for me, although it really shouldn't, at least in theory, with cineole being a skin irritant. No doubt, as usual, "the dose makes the poison".

Tip with the crystals.
Try 1g per 100ml the first time and add in increments until you find your sweet spot.
I add 5-15g per 100ml personally, yet I'm a menth head!

Tip with the crystals.
Try 1g per 100ml the first time and add in increments until you find your sweet spot.
I add 5-15g per 100ml personally, yet I'm a menth head!

lol thanks for that.. will add incrementally.. also is it ok to add these crystals to witch hazel?

I notice the OP requested a nice, cooling AS. Not a freezing one!

Proraso Green fits that bill for me. Something about the eucalyptus combination that works for me, although it really shouldn't, at least in theory, with cineole being a skin irritant. No doubt, as usual, "the dose makes the poison".

I have the proraso green AS, but have not yet tried it.. i will def have a crack tomorrow and see how that goes.. have used the PAA CaD which also has menthol and that also provides a cool refreshing feel

lol thanks for that.. will add incrementally.. also is it ok to add these crystals to witch hazel?
They dissolve best in an alcohol solution.
It can be done, yet they will separate, requiring you to shake the bottle.
I should mention, crushing the crystals into a powder is the best bet.