est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
squad.jpg

apr_2.jpg

aussie.jpg

menthol_crystal1.jpg

The great man gets as mysterious as Doug Smythe.

By Douglas Smythe, you are of course referring to Erik Hodges :)

and I am actually image testing, imgur is not working for me and these were the first images that I had on hand, or so I would like to have you believe.

@SchoolForAnts are you having the same image problems ?

Last edited:
fKf50sr.jpg

rLWbEnB.jpg

negmoIm.jpg

f0DkGNl.jpg

bxBpgi1.jpg

yCSyyE0.jpg

Tku1n4t.jpg

zsWz5Q4.jpg

hQiFqxM.jpg

38qVT5D.jpg

Seems to be working really well @SchoolForAnts now that you came along :cool:

Of course there are some gaps between the pictures... because a little mystery is always good fun.. but we really think that you will like it P&C as it's just for you :artist::artist:

The great man gets as mysterious as Doug Smythe.

Heh no, it's fairly straightforward and neither of us are that secretive really.

Long story short I caught up with Andy when I was in SA recently so we got to talking and decided it was about time we got together and did a joint release while we both had the time in between day jobs and juggling our respective schedules and all the other stuff that gets in the way. We thought it would be fun and kind of cool, two Aussie artisans doing a joint release together for P&C members.We have been kicking emails back and forth since then getting the design, details and all the logistics together over the last month or two so it all worked like clockwork.

It is a limited number LE P&C exclusive (Soap and Splash) that will be offered only as a set to keep it simple. There is a bit of a surprise in regard to the design/look and feel which I won't comment on as you have all seen my artistic skills prior to me engaging a professional graphic designer. The end result is the Squadron Soap base and AP Reserve Splash + Fragrance design - which I will mention we both agreed on and worked with.

Try to keep it quiet though...if you like, actually little point....this whole 'Test Post thing' (my idea, lousy) didn't really get wings did it @SchoolForAnts :D

Scent profile looks awesome

Thanks @Korbz :)

After we had finished formulating it all with the idea of it being two Aussies and then making a fragrance with as many Aussie oils as possible, and deciding with Andy what we would use etc I stood back and looked at it overall (the fragrance design) and thought the same thing - in a funny sort of way it reminds me of the kind of fragrance Manuel would do, it's unusual but it really grabs you and you want to smell it again and again for some reason. Using the pictures here aside from being a joke I thought was a better way to let people know what was in it, what they look like and so on as you can get a really good feel for it from going top to bottom.

It's definitely a different collection of notes (heart and tops mainly) than what we normally see but the species of plants and the way they thrive in this country is itself unique, there are some really, really nice sweet acidic citrus and honey notes from the two species of Eucalyptus I used (Lemon Ironbark & Eucalyptus Australiana) that sit with the Guava, Lime and Myrtle perfectly. We also get some of the best (I actually think it's better than the Moroccan myself) sweet orange EO in the world in Aussie due to our ideal growing conditions so I had to use a little of that. I hope you like it when you smell it at any rate mate, it will be great in the warmer spring weather and especially when it gets bloody hot and humid :)

Also, the splash is mentholated. As I went with Mint essential oil it has a fair percentage of Menthol and related compounds in it (8%-47%) already so I thought we would push the boat out and give it a helping hand. The addition of a little menthol worked really well with the diffuse transparency of the Eucalyptus, we are talking Sterling level of menthol too - nice and cool but not blasting cold.

I hate to be that guy... But what sort of time frame are you assuming for?

Oh FFS...Fair question :)

The 20 LE sets (and there is only 20) will drop on the 20th of October unless something unexpected occurs, in which case we will prevaricate and come up with other implausible excuses but in all likely hood the sets will drop at 6pm on the Friday evening or the Saturday morning with a limit of 1 set per person, unless of course no one wants them whereupon I will have egg on my face.

Take my money :LOL:

I will bring a sample along to our next Sydney meetup so you can give it the eagle eye and a test run :)

On another note I am really, really wanting to see what @SchoolForAnts has done/will do with the design for the bottle and the soap as aside from the name and providing the AP Reserve logo, I have not seen anything and I am starting to 'Jones' for a look :LOL:

There will be no egg on your face as I was liking the scent profile enough and then you said you'll bump up the menthol and I'm like take my money!!

Scent profile? Who gives a rats about the scent profile - this will be a P&C LE set - I'll be there regardless!

Oh FFS...Fair question :)

The 20 LE sets (and there is only 20) will drop on the 20th of October unless something unexpected occurs, in which case we will prevaricate and come up with other implausible excuses but in all likely hood the sets will drop at 6pm on the Friday evening or the Saturday morning with a limit of 1 set per person, unless of course no one wants them whereupon I will have egg on my face.

Oh man, only 20? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.