APR - what happened to them?

leigh44

Hey guys. I kind of took a break from keeping up to date with things happening in the wet shaving world as I had a beard for a couple of years, but beforehand I bought some Australian Private Reserve shaving soap and aftershave, and absolutely loved it. I've tried to search for them lately but it appears they're no longer around. Just wondering what happened to them?

They were unfortunately declared unsafe @leigh44

If you have ANY of the APR products on hand please post to me for disposal.

This is a free service

APR is the one soap I never got to try but really wanted to. I think it's a shame they have disappeared no matter what people's personal opinion are of them.

APR!!
giphy.gif

APR is the one soap I never got to try but really wanted to. I think it's a shame they have disappeared no matter what people's personal opinion are of them.

Australian Private Reserve or APR (@todras) crafted the extraits, EDPs, EDCs, EDTs, aftershaves and scents for the soap. The soap bases were originally made by member here @Sxot (who subsequently traded as Abi & Grace Soapworks for a while) and then another member @nsavage.

Many people consider these as some of the finest artisan soap bases around - and there is always hope that these soaps may make a comeback separately to APR. Of course APR could make a comeback as well, you just never know.

In the meantime I will enjoy what I have and be thankful for it!

Australian Private Reserve or APR (@todras) crafted the extraits, EDPs, EDCs, EDTs, aftershaves and scents for the soap. The soap bases were originally made by member here @Sxot (who subsequently traded as Abi & Grace Soapworks for a while) and then another member @nsavage.

Many people consider these as some of the finest artisan soap bases around - and there is always hope that these soaps may make a comeback separately to APR. Of course APR could make a comeback as well, you just never know.

I agree, the sxot base was superb!
I really enjoyed that one.

It was the APR owner I didn't care for.

It was the APR owner I didn't care for.
He certainly did leave a few ambivalent feelings around (putting it charitably) though the consensus is that he was very talented as a perfumer. There's a lot of information to be found by rummaging around ancient posts here and on "that other forum".

what-he-said-look-up.gif

He certainly did leave a few ambivalent feelings around (putting it charitably) though the consensus is that he was very talented as a perfumer. There's a lot of information to be found by rummaging around ancient posts here and on "that other forum".

Products were good but his arrogance was too much for me so I chose not to support his business.

Only member I ever blocked

Yup...me too.

Hmm, the can of worms. Talented yes, I finally caved and used Mycroft, it’s not getting any younger. …. It smells good. I tend to agree that I would find it hard to deal with someone who didn’t make it easy, but I’m sure we all have because they are just that good. That being said sometimes that’s not enough.
I am reminded of something @Gargravarr just posted…”a mile in his shoes”. You never know what someone else has going on. Hopefully he does come back with either a better way of dealing with people or the next best thing someone who can deal with them and leave the talent to make the magic.

His soaps were/are superb. His scents, rather.

I own four of them and I'll be very sad to see the bottom of them. As a matter of fact just today I used the Fresca Intensa and it still blows my mind how good it is.

I wish he'd return. I also wish he'd do better if/when he returns.

Won't hold my breath though.

Moved onto Martin de Candre as a superior shaving product. Lovely scent and foams so reliably.

Though I did stock up on a few APR products and they last a long time, there were way too many scents to follow. Still, I did enjoy the ones I have.