Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
The year is racing along.

Be no fool, post details of your shaving acquisitions here (with pics please - we love pics)

Cool non-shaving stuff here.

Reknotted Peerless 24mm Synthetic Shaving Brush

fRcykSX.jpg

After someone posted a link earlier, I decided to track down one of these suckers. A visit to Aliexpress, $4.85 and a short wait produced this.

I can't get over how well it works - it generates lather like crazy. My other bowls are now waiting to be passed on to someone else, and I think I'll pick up a couple more of these for starter setups.

After someone posted a link earlier, I decided to track down one of these suckers. A visit to Aliexpress, $4.85 and a short wait produced this.

I can't get over how well it works - it generates lather like crazy. My other bowls are now waiting to be passed on to someone else, and I think I'll pick up a couple more of these for starter setups.

Get them here and support a forum member - and grab some fantastic Stirling Soaps at the same time!

OK, confession time, this should have been in the March acquisitions listing but I've been slack... so sue me!

As a few other people on here have said, these are surprisingly good blades. At $13.42/100 from Aliexpress I wasn't expecting greatness, but they were much better than I thought they'd be. Longevity isn't their strong suit, I'd only use them for 3-4 shaves, but I've had a few other more expensive blades that were the same. While using them they felt somewhat tuggy, but the end result was a smooth shave with very little feedback from the Alum, much less so than when I use a Wizamet, which I was very surprised about.

For me, the one big issue I have with them is that the design doesn't allow them to fit properly in my Lupo 72 as the cutouts don't fit over the blade tabs properly. I could put one in but it took some effort and I couldn't be sure that it didn't have a bend or kink somewhere along the blade, and I didn't fancy finding out the hard way, so I took it out. That process required the use of pliers because they were so tight, but it's somewhat difficult to see what's causing the problem. Needless to say, I won't be using them in the Lupo 72, which means that I've got nearly 100 blades that will likely sit in my cupboard for a long time, so if anyone wants to give them a try, PM me and I'll send you some.

OK, confession time, this should have been in the March acquisitions listing but I've been slack... so sue me!

As a few other people on here have said, these are surprisingly good blades. At $13.42/100 from Aliexpress I wasn't expecting greatness, but they were much better than I thought they'd be. Longevity isn't their strong suit, I'd only use them for 3-4 shaves, but I've had a few other more expensive blades that were the same. While using them they felt somewhat tuggy, but the end result was a smooth shave with very little feedback from the Alum, much less so than when I use a Wizamet, which I was very surprised about.

For me, the one big issue I have with them is that the design doesn't allow them to fit properly in my Lupo 72 as the cutouts don't fit over the blade tabs properly. I could put one in but it took some effort and I couldn't be sure that it didn't have a bend or kink somewhere along the blade, and I didn't fancy finding out the hard way, so I took it out. That process required the use of pliers because they were so tight, but it's somewhat difficult to see what's causing the problem. Needless to say, I won't be using them in the Lupo 72, which means that I've got nearly 100 blades that will likely sit in my cupboard for a long time, so if anyone wants to give them a try, PM me and I'll send you some.

It's a shame you didn't like these blades as I really do find these very good. I've never found them tuggy but I know exactly what you mean. They don't feel particularly sharp when on the face, but they give a close shave.

It's a shame you didn't like these blades as I really do find these very good. I've never found them tuggy but I know exactly what you mean. They don't feel particularly sharp when on the face, but they give a close shave.
I didn't dislike these blades, it's just that the Lupo 72 is my go-to razor and if they don't fit in there then they've really limited their usefulness to me. In the Yintal they were fine, and I'll use them occasionally, but most of the time I want to use my preferred weapon, which is the 72.

I was mulling that one over in my mind too. I'm a sixth-generation Aussie with pretty much unsullied German heritage on both sides of my family, but I confess I don't know what it would take to be "Extra German"... :LOL:
Heh, I only have to look at your location to place a strong bet on the likelihood of your German background. :LOL: I found it almost impossible to turn around there without barking my shins on a German accent. Living in the Adelaide Hills resulted in a pretzel habit that I couldn't satisfy in TAS, so I had to learn how to make them myself. Happy days... (y)

Ki0zhe0l.jpg

Finally, after ordering this in June last year, 3 months to get to Australia, then sitting in Australia for who knows how long, being sent back to the seller in Germany and resent to me (after I paid for freight again. It's here.

K7rOfir.jpg

Feather Artist Club SS | Feather ProGuard Blades (Speedy’s Training Wheels🖕🏻😂)| Yaqi Familia Sagarada 24mm Shaving Brush

Couldn’t have timed it better, received the AC SS yesterday thanks to Amazon’s Prime One-Day delivery and the rest today.

Love the size of the brush, nowhere near as messy or soap destroying as my 30mm.

Just completed my first shave with the SS, so far so good. Looks like it’s got it’s hooks in.