April 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Pils 104NL
XoGdx4d.jpg

Sweet looking razor there. (And classy case.) Definitely should appeal to anyone who doesn't like exposed blade tabs. I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it.
It's a slightly lighter version of a very heavy razor that's been around for years. From what I understand, it's also a little head heavy. But that won't bother me.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like I can post an image yet though
Images have to be hosted somewhere else (Postimages, Imgur etc etc) and you link to them with the little image widget at the top of the post box or by simply typing something like
Code:
[IMG]https://whatever_the_URL_of_your Image.png[/IMG]

IMG-20220426-172132.jpg
Ooh, an image! Haha, it's not special, but it is mine. Looks like it had to be the 'direct link on postimage cc'. Thanks!
I hope you like the blades, they were in my top two favourites (along with the Gillette 7O'C Yellow) when I was still into DE razors. 'Sides, you never know when you might need to chop an alligator in half. :p

52032404997_cc93597548_c.jpg

Mail Call from Artisan Arcade!

After 3 years of DE shaving it's about bloody time to get into some Stirling Soaps. There are so many scents to choose from, so it's great to be able to buy samples first.

For me, Stirling make some of the best scents out there and their soap base is bloody good as well. Just be aware though, some of their menthol splashes can be pretty strong especially their Black Cherry and Black Ice aftershave which I recommend both. Black Cherry smells like a Black Forest Cake and Black Ice is licorice.

Here we go, not all the April purchases, but nearly all of them in one photo.
IMG-20220427-224424.jpg

I bought the Yaqi Plisson on wetshave.co along with the final cut. Bic and astra on Amazon. Apache Personna on AliX (bought before I realised they were quite expensive @$24... Hopefully they are good, but I'm guessing not as good as Astras). Then I bought the Moka 24mm synth on AliX before I found their Livestream discounts, along with the Tile/Delorean. B&M Seville from VSHOD, Silicon bowl from AliX (it's as good as everyone says...), VSHOD sent a free styptic pencil with some razor samples(left of image) and some others later, that aren't in the image. Then went nuts on the AliX Livestream and got their bowl, travel razor, flipside head, won the gold razor, and got three brushes - 26mm Moka badger, 24mm aqua tuxedo, 28mm rocks Timberwolf. Also a dscosmetics stainless handle + chrome 7se razor, plus 2x $5 razors off AliX that people say are good. Plus the lock and lock box I posted about. Fits 9 in the base neatly, the rounded corners don't allow 10. Should work well. And last, but not least, SpeedyPC's Thayer's blend.

Am I saving money yet?

IMG-20220427-224424.jpg

I bought the Yaqi Plisson on wetshave.co along with the final cut. Bic and astra on Amazon. Apache Personna on AliX (bought before I realised they were quite expensive @$24... Hopefully they are good, but I'm guessing not as good as Astras). Then I bought the Moka 24mm synth on AliX before I found their Livestream discounts, along with the Tile/Delorean. B&M Seville from VSHOD, Silicon bowl from AliX (it's as good as everyone says...), VSHOD sent a free styptic pencil with some razor samples(left of image) and some others later, that aren't in the image. Then went nuts on the AliX Livestream and got their bowl, travel razor, flipside head, won the gold razor, and got three brushes - 26mm Moka badger, 24mm aqua tuxedo, 28mm rocks Timberwolf. Also a dscosmetics stainless handle + chrome 7se razor, plus 2x $5 razors off AliX that people say are good. Plus the lock and lock box I posted about. Fits 9 in the base neatly, the rounded corners don't allow 10. Should work well. And last, but not least, SpeedyPC's Thayer's blend.

Am I saving money yet?
Nice haul :)(y)

IMG-20220427-224424.jpg

Am I saving money yet?
Get on the bloody piss stick, and there’s no such thing as SAVING MONEY depends how DEEP is your rabbit hole.

Your rabbit hole is supposed to be very shallow, IF, you’re saving money.

Last edited:
IMG-20220427-224424.jpg

Am I saving money yet?
A very decent starter kit. Happy shaves! (y)