Aristocrat Junior (first shaves).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
A few days ago I received an Aristocrat Junior razor (Made in England).
It has sat in a shed for 15 years or so.
Case is not happy, but it works as a case so will do for now.
I can see a clean up and new felt lining happening one day though (or a trawl through that evilbay place for an empty case).
The razor was a tad grotty, but a soak and light brush over with an old toothbrush revealed a rather nice gleaming razor under all the dirt.
Sterilized and lubed it too.
What to say? It came out great.
The actual TTO mechanism of the English gear feels so nice compared to a rattly Slim or Fatboy.
Had 2 shaves now and very happy. These wee razors are quite dainty (after waving around ss Timeless/Karve/etc), and they do give such a nice audible sound that I don't get from my other razors.
The shave is smooth and close. I prefer 'something' a wee tad more aggressive in cutting, so usually finish a 2 pass shave with either the Karve #F plate, or Blackbird.
So it is with this razor...I actually did a 2 pass Aristocrat Junior shave today, and it was fine.
Used that Shannons soap I bought recently, with a Minora stainless blade.
A very nice shave with no effort or drama...but still not quite as I like so dragged the Blackbird out for that final skim over.
Didn't really need to but I'm a creature of habit now.
Performance of this wee razor is absolutely wonderful. It's not mean, won't bite, or scratch.
This really could be a razor to keep and treasure for my old age (whenever that is), but time will tell. May sell it one day to fund another razor.
You know the one...the holy grail razor that is always so elusive.
For now, this wee gem sits in my bathroom firmly in the rotation of more modern, more expensive razors.
It really is that good.
If you have a chance to get an Aristocrat Junior then do grab it.
They are a lovely wee shaver.
Now can anyone tell me about the handle? Should be aluminium? This handle looks too bright and shiny for aluminium (doesn't it)?
Or have I just 'brightened' it with my cleaning?

https%3A//i.imgur.com/kCPXP4h.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/fbAjmEb.jpg[/img]']