ARKO August is almost here

I’m OUT!!! not going to happen….. I’m currently enjoying Stirling at the moment.

Don’t believe me… check the SOTD topic, I have 38 tubs to go through, 4 shaves per tub each.

Last edited:
Can i ask, never having used a stick soap how do you lather them up?
Face lather or rub it into a bowl or something or maybe cut shavings into a bowl?
Im curious about the tabac sticks.
Wet face well. Dip tip of soap stick in water and then rub on whiskers. Using a moist (not dripping wet) brush, lather the soap on your face to achieve your desired result. Shave - preferably with a straight razor, but I am rather biased as I'm too scared to shave with anything where I can't see the blade's edge on my skin.

You obviously need a bigger brush or need to load more. :)
Shut up hairy kitty or you won’t get any FREE milk, since you’ve been sneaking into my bloody kitchen fridge.

giphy.gif

Don’t understand why people don’t like the smell of tabac, I like it and love the lather of tabac so I might try arko one day 👍
The Tabac stick cost me a lot more per shave than my ARKO sticks. I try and save my Tabac stick for special occasions only, such as funerals where there are often a lot of little old ladies present.

You'll never ever know unless you give it a go. Try it for ARKO August.

Stick with it for half-a-dozen shaves or more and see what you think.

dont have any and i wont be rushing out to buy any just yet.. but regardless there is no way in the world i would be able to stick with one product for a whole month, i struggle to use the same product on consecutive days

I could manage a Stirling September, but mostly with the one flavour, plus one or two samples I've been sent. I could easily live with just the Bergamot Lavender, I still love it (and I've got lots). And it hasn't had much of a look-in lately...

Can i ask, never having used a stick soap how do you lather them up?
Face lather or rub it into a bowl or something or maybe cut shavings into a bowl?
Im curious about the tabac sticks.

And on that subject, word is that Tabac has been reformulated again and is now non-tallow. If you want to try the tallow version, now might be the time to buy.

La Toja is a fantstatic shave stick as well and worth trying.

Derby December. I think i will rename or at least name some of my soaps to match a particular month and that will be one less stress I face under lock down.

Tabac has been reformulated again and is now non-tallow.
WHAT!!! :wideyed::jawdrop: Since when did they've change to a non-tallow version. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

@SpeedyPC you have achieved a new level :ROFLMAO::cool:

I've already archived a new level for being a bloody smartass for over 30 years, I'm sure @Mark1966 agree with me since isn't my kinda hood thing whatever that means.

Last edited: