AUCTION CLOSED Assorted Modern and Vintage Super Blade Sampler

Discussion started by Mark1966, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Honouring a former member here, GarethM who lost his battle with brain cancer on 4 February 2015 - from his collection

[​IMG]

Please read the auction guidelines here before bidding, and note the additional auction conditions for this item below.

International bidders: This item can be shipped internationally, however please add an additional AUD$15 for US, CA, UK, IE, and AUD$25 for other countries. Any remaining postage costs will be covered by me.

Australian & New Zealand bidders: This lot will be shipped free of charge to these countries.

AUCTION DESCRIPTION

Assorted Modern and Vintage Super Blade Sampler​

Comprising -
    Blade Box
    25 x 5 (125) Astra SP
    11 x 5 (55) Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow – Dubai)
    11 x 5 (55) Gillette Platinum (Petersburg)
    13 x ? Wilkinson Sword
    5 x ? Super Chrome
    ? Gillette Super Stainless
    ? Gillette Platinum Plus
    10 Rapira
    Assorted modern and vintage

[​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: See post by @Monsta_AU - Assorted Modern and Vintage Super Blade Sampler

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be topping up this lot with number of blades - I am traveling at the moment but once I am back I will rush the additional blades to Mark.

What will you get? A variety of vintage & modern blades, not limited to but including:
    • At least a 10 pack of Gillette Spoilers
    • A pack of the Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome (previously in the Travelling Vintage Blades)
    • 10x Schick Plus Platinum
    • Some Aussie Spoilers, they are small packs of 3 or 5 - look here
    • A pack of vintage UK-produced Gillette Platinums from my personal vintage stash (I rate these as the best blades ever produced by Gillette.... along with the Platinum Plus already in the lot)
    • 100x vintage Wilkinsons, various productions but mostly UK-produced (the famous 'La Brun' included!)
    • A decent number of these pre-Energiser Schicks from Germany (pre-reunification): http://themonsta.id.au/de/GemanSchickNOS.jpg
    • A few packs of loose GBE's from my personal stash;
    • 70x Gillette 7OC Blacks;
    • Both types of 7OC Greens - Super Stainless (St. Petersburg) AND PermaSharp Stainless (India)
    • A nice run of Mostochlegmash blades (Rapira, Voskhod, etc)
    • Various other things I have laying around.... to make this the ultimate sampler.
    There's going to be about 500 blades added, so the winner will also have the "Grand Society" banner added to their account free of charge!

FURTHER EDIT: I've added 10 vintage Diplomat blades.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

This lot is now open for bidding - please be generous and good luck (y)

3. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

4. Rami

5. gabba32

gabba32 New Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

6. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be topping up this lot with number of blades - I am traveling at the moment but once I am back I will rush the additional blades to Mark.

What will you get? A variety of vintage & modern blades, not limited to but including:
    • At least a 10 pack of Gillette Spoilers
    • A pack of the Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome (previously in the Travelling Vintage Blades)
    • 10x Schick Plus Platinum
    • Some Aussie Spoilers, they are small packs of 3 or 5 - look here
    • A pack of vintage UK-produced Gillette Platinums from my personal vintage stash (I rate these as the best blades ever produced by Gillette.... along with the Platinum Plus already in the lot)
    • 100x vintage Wilkinsons, various productions but mostly UK-produced (the famous 'La Brun' included!)
    • A decent number of these pre-Energiser Schicks from Germany (pre-reunification): http://themonsta.id.au/de/GemanSchickNOS.jpg
    • A few packs of loose GBE's from my personal stash;
    • 70x Gillette 7OC Blacks;
    • Both types of 7OC Greens - Super Stainless (St. Petersburg) AND PermaSharp Stainless (India)
    • A nice run of Mostochlegmash blades (Rapira, Voskhod, etc)
    • Various other things I have laying around.... to make this the ultimate sampler.
    There's going to be about 500 blades added, so the winner will also have the "Grand Society" banner added to their account free of charge!

7. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Well in that case ...

$200

8. lerenau

lerenau ...is a cheeky monkey 2018 Charity Auction Winner

$225

... But only because Mark beat me by a few seconds.

alfredus, fruityasu, SpeedyPC and 2 others like this.
  9. Rami

Raaaaaaaaa!

alfredus, Mark1966, fruityasu and 3 others like this.
  10. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer

$350

I'm on holidays and I just cant resist old razorblades!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. gabba32

12. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Ohh, photo finish.
    *Grabs popcorn as judges adjudicate*

Razor Burn, fruityasu and RustyBlade like this.
  13. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Unfortunately @todras bid came in at 9.06pm, after the closing time of the auction.

Razor Burn and fruityasu like this.
  14. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer

15. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Razor Burn and gabba32 like this.
  16. gabba32

Thanks to everybody that donated these blades, for such a worthy cause. I'm glad that I got to opportunity to contribute.

17. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

Thank you so very much @gabba32 for your generous donation and @Mark1966 representing Paste & Cut for making this happen (y)

Here the donations receipt and this auction is now officially closed
    [​IMG]

Tony Forsyth, borked and fruityasu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.