August 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PVAfo8ol.jpg

This makes me smile. Ridiculously large barber shop dispenser

Interested in how yours goes. I get a little shedding from mine which has settled but not stopped yet.
I haven't used it yet but I'll keep an eye on it when I do and let you know. I would expect to loose a couple early on. How do you find the knot for lathering and feel?

I haven't used it yet but I'll keep an eye on it when I do and let you know. I would expect to loose a couple early on. How do you find the knot for lathering and feel?
Great! No regrets about that purchase. As you’d expect it’s a good compromise between the luxury of badger and backbone of Boar. Good flow through. No negatives though I would also like to try it in a smaller knot, 26mm is just a little too big. It did have the ‘new brush stank’ for a few shaves so some pre lathering and washing might enhance the introduction.:)

Great! No regrets about that purchase. As you’d expect it’s a good compromise between the luxury of badger and backbone of Boar. Good flow through. No negatives though I would also like to try it in a smaller knot, 26mm is just a little too big. It did have the ‘new brush stank’ for a few shaves so some pre lathering and washing might enhance the introduction.:)
Tried it out for the first time this morning, this is a 24mm and I would have ordered a 22mm if they did them, plenty big enough for me. If I had a bit more patience I would have pre-lathered a bit more, as you say it is a little funky! I look forward to the boar breaking in and it should be a great brush. Just a couple of hairs lost on the pre-lather

Topping up the Fenchurch supplies (this stuff goes SOOOOO quickly) and completing my Unconditional Surrender 'set' -

Status
Not open for further replies.