2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
august
/ɔːˈɡʌst/

adjective
adjective: august
  1. respected and impressive.
    "she was in august company"
Clearly your shaving purchases this month will the respected and impressive - so post them here, with pics if possible!

y4mDn8pMhzXur26dUK7SZshgVlV06u47jw6wCsXU5rypYuSCZoG0y7INunq1IlshPa4mBNfKa7RgdA_0UO4bwAKDToUVgcbdUajU5Zr76AhMGk7QDLdSv9XtugrNjr2GdTjwF-It474GHZs342mRbx8EdX8sKfQ25rgOg6ccl4p6GpE2JCZuW8f65mUeXlGnjhT

I was poking around Port Douglas markets this morning when I came across this bloke selling beard products but he also had shave soap. Handmade in NQ and chemical free, well I had to buy a tub. When quizzed he admitted he did not even know about any shave forums in Australia so I enlightened him. I'm doing Arko August so will give this a try in September and then provide some feedback.

www.odinsbeard.com.au

1948 Rhodium Aristocrat arrived today (the target), along with an extra razor in the same sale, probably a 1948 Tech #77 Australian set.
Both razors very clean without the need for a scrub bath. Straight to the sterilize bath and then a shave for the Aristocrat (SOTD post)
No cases with either razor, but for the ebay price of $53 for both, I'm happy.
Plating loss on part of the Tech handle, but still solid and clean.
Aristocrat is really nice, some slight scratches on the doors, but no plate loss at all, so very nice.
KN2zzl6.jpg

FlwDpz0.jpg

pRFDUEk.jpg

jAnrpGI.jpg

1948 Rhodium Aristocrat arrived today (the target), along with an extra razor in the same sale, probably a 1948 Tech #77 Australian set.
Both razors very clean without the need for a scrub bath. Straight to the sterilize bath and then a shave for the Aristocrat (SOTD post)
Aristocrat is really nice, some slight scratches on the doors, but no plate loss at all, so very nice.
That is quite the bargain (y)

KN2zzl6.jpg

FlwDpz0.jpg

pRFDUEk.jpg

jAnrpGI.jpg
Haha I wondered who picked up that eBay auction, I was too busy to bid on it! 😂

Nice!! I was going to pick up a few Moon soaps but hesitated. I wasn't entirely sure about the scent profiles. I had Sorrento in my cart for days and eventually removed it out of worry because I wanted to control my spending and volumes so I left it behind. Havana also looks like a good one. I have one Moon soap coming but chose to diversify a little bit and picked up a soap from another artisan that I wanted to try for the longest time instead.

Moon soaps definitely look like they're great soaps. I hope you enjoy your soaps and they give you plenty of great shaves.

KN2zzl6.jpg

FlwDpz0.jpg

pRFDUEk.jpg

jAnrpGI.jpg
Fantastic prices and quality! You did very well!

Getting into the Tabac spirit -

2LYDaTtl.jpg

with a replacement Spitfire lotion too

Nice haul! Definitely have to get behind that Tabac movement right now, you'd probably kick yourself if you didn't a year or two from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.